Home Tobacco Talk
Options

New place to buy tobacco

Okay, so where do you guys buy your Tobacco. My go to online shop has done it again.At this point I think I’m done.I’ve given them chance after chance after chance. Ive purchased from smoking pipes and cup o Joe’s and Have been very happy. They were a little more expensive but have been reliable.At this point I think that’s more valuable.I have no problem using cup o Joe’s and Smoking pipes going forward.Just wondering where you guys go

Comments

• Options
    I've been with P&C since the summer of 2016, but order from Smokingpipes.com when something is backordered at P&C.   
    I've not experienced the troubles others have had with P&C, but I certainly would look elsewhere if you've experience really bad service.... from P&C or from anywhere.
  • Options
    I usually go with P&C, The Country Squire,and Smokers Haven in west Seneca New York.
  • Options
    Country Squire and my local shop.
  • Options
    I mostly buy from one of the two local B&M around here if I order online I have always ordered from pipes and cigars.
  • Options
    I pick up custom blends from the two B&M stores close to where I live.  For specific tin tobacco, I've ordered from Tobbacopipes.com and P&C.  Had good luck with both although Tobbacopipes.com is higher priced.  I've not had the issues with P&C that I've read others having BUT a fellow brother I smoke with once a month, who I introduced to the glories of pipe smoking, had a delay in shipping from P&C.  To make up for it, they gave him a $50 gift certificate which he turned around and used to by me, as a gift, a churchwarden.  So...win/win for this man of the cloth!
  • Options
    Tobacco taxes can get pretty ridiculous in several states so I tend to buy from mail order places like P&C.
  • Options
    paylesspipes.com is another one I use in addition to smokingpipes.com and the Country Squire. 
  • Options
    Rshey1Rshey1 Apprentice
    Thanks guys. I’ve been wanting to call the guys at countrysquire for some time now. I think this is a good time. It is true taxes are killing us, the B&M that I used informed me they will no longer stock pipe tobacco. 
  • Options
    @Rshey1 - It's probably more because the pipe tobacco doesn't sell as fast as other items they are carrying so it takes longer for them to get the money they have to invest in stocking it.
  • Options
    The good news: Today there are so many more blends -- by several orders of magnitude -- available to us through the internet, let alone through B&M's. Compared to the 1960's, we have a wide world of choices in both merchant and product. The bad news: We're segregated from society, but it isn't us.... it's tobacco, itself. No sense complaining about it; it ain't gonna change back to "the good ol' days." And most of us like smoke free restaurants and bars, and airplanes, and bathrooms. I'll accept smokers making me want to burn my clothes and wash my hair when I get home from a nice dinner in a restaurant, only when I can conceal carry (and deploy) a squirt gun filled with finely aged cat urine. Of course, that's just my opinion; I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Rshey1,I think you will have a great experience with The Country Squire,very nice people and as a small business theyknow how to treat their customers right.Let us know what you order and how you made out.
  • Options
    @Rshey1 - I agree with all the other Country Squire fans. They will take care of you and their blends are now my favorite B&M blends. When I buy online (which is most of the time) I usually buy from P&C. I’ve also had good luck with 4noggins
  • Options
    P&C has been pretty good since they got their software straightened out However I've yet to get a reply from them when something that was out of stock became available again or wasn't going to be except for receiving a coupon when a Syrian Latakia blend went extinct.
  • Options
    @Woodsman -- That mirrors my experience with them. No notification when things are back in stock.....
  • Options
    Same with me. I’m glad to hear you guys don’t get these notifications either. I thought I’d done something wrong at P&C. 
  • Options
    I used to love P&C, but my last three orders in a row were botched, the CS lady was argumentative, made excuses, refused to correct THEIR mistake. Sent me the wrong stuff, wrong amounts and overcharged me; as well as charge me once for an item that was not on my order receipt.
    Never going back. 
    SmokingPipes.com is the only one I use now.
    Smoking Pipes is the absolute best I’ve used; weather online or brick and mortar. 
  • Options
    I once got the wrong order from Smoking Pipes, on calling they corrected immediately and when I asked where I should ship the other order back they said keep it. They're always friendly and I've yet to get an out of stock from them.