Home General
Options

Just gonna leave this here...

Comments

• Options
    I see a piece of art but nothing else.

• Options
  • Options
    @motie2, @pwkarch, it is a joke from The Country Squire Radio Podcast. 
  • Options
    I say Holmes. A three Pipe?
  • Options
    Brother @PhilosoPiper -- Perhaps you might explain the joke to us?
  • Options
    But they locked down a good domain. This is where we can post the nagging other provide us with for the evil tobacco habit we have. My wife really hates that a smoke a pipe...it's not healthy.
    I'm pretty much a weekend piper anyhow. No idea why she complains about it.
  • Options
    Fellow Buckeye @Londy3 -- No two ways about it: smoking anything gives you gorilla breath.
    And popping an Altoid doesn't fix the problem.
    Clothes can be a problem, too. Folks may "cotton" to a fine aromatic clothes reek, but for non-smokers Latakia and Perique blends can be ...uh...off-putting.
    In between my two pipe lives and before NJ banned smoking in restaurants and my favorite Irish pub, I used to come home from a night out with SWMBO and we both would joke about wanting to burn our clothes. A shower and hair washing was required before getting into bed. I would fantasize about carrying a squirt gun full of cat urine: You make me stink / I make you stink. Fair is fair.
  • Options
    @motie2, certainly! There was an episode of the podcast in which Beau York quipped about, the need for a matchmaking site tailored for pipe smokers. And being that we have thispipelife.com there should be a thispipewife.com. It has been a constant piece of banter and humor in the radio program since. 
  • Options
    @PhilosoPiper -- Thank you for explaining; A captioned graphic would have made it clear.....

• Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited October 2017
    @motie2, I do hear what yer sayin and agree. I have to admit, when I go outside, sit down, set my drink down and get all comfortable...then whip out my pipe, I start feeling like a criminal. I look side to side and light.  Ugh, why?  Again, I'm not a smoker, never was a smoker and I hate cigarettes. Just feel like I need to hide so people don't see me when I want to puff on a bowl. 
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited October 2017
    @Londy3 -- Both my folks were heavy smokers. I grew up hating it as soon as I was old enough to know that in the winter, riding in the car with my folks, I stank. I also had croup all through childhood. I have never smoked a cigarette. (Well, not a tobacco cigarette <giggle> ). I hate the smell of cigarette smoking. 1968 to 1984 SWMBO tolerated smoking in the house and I was smoking English/Orientals and VaPers. When I took up the pipe at the end of summer 2016 she was not pleased; neither did she forbid. But it had to be outside. I've never met another pipe smoker here. I sit on the back deck or do my yard chores and smoke as I please.... outside. Getting hot and sweaty is a great time to smoke, as one shower kills two birds. The neighbors have commented favorably on what I'll call "The Sutliff Smell," when I burn a bowl.    Makes me feel exotic. B)

But I know I smell when I'm done smoking. 
    I expect that some of us regard pipe tobacco as beard freshener, so this is all subject to personal interpretation. 
  • Options
    @motie2

Beard freshener for sure......I love the aroma "after glow' on my beard and stache. It makes me less sad after a normally great smoke, reminding me of better times just finished. My wife is NOT a fan of any smoke evidence at all as she grew up in a home of smokers. I DO NOT smoke indoors to make her happy (or maybe so she does not get mad). I once with her permission smoked in my basement workshop, but she said she could smell it so that option was 86'd.

I get to do all the repairs on mostly antique furniture my daughter gets for her little business. Today I had to repair a maple desk and a mahogany chair. They took about 2 1/2 hours so i had time for 2 bowls while I worked. I think no matter what you have to do, it can be done better wife a pipe in your mouth, and some good music in your ears. Makes work seem like a pleasure. The resultant residual olfactory evidence of time spent prior to that with my pipe and tobacco just reinforces my desire to do it again.

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited October 2017
    @pwkarch -- <<I think no matter what you have to do, it can be done better with a pipe in your mouth, and some good music in your ears>>

Yours are words of wisdom; words to live by.   Thank you.

EDITED OBSERVATION: Your original quote has "wife" for "with." Interesting typo?