Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Autum Evening

I have seen Autumn Evening mentioned quite a bit so my question would be is their a drop off in the quality if you go from Tin to pouch?

Comments

• Options
    Dunno about that. I tried Autumn Evening upon another's recommendation. Too much real tobacco flavor / too little "Fruit / Citrus, Maple, Rum, Sweet / Sugar, Vanilla, Whisky" flavor. Didn't have a second bowl. Mailed it to a friend who enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Autumn Evening is my favorite aromatic, not much difference in my opinion.
  • Options
    There has been so much hubbub about this blend I had to try it.  Soooooooooooo....i opened up the tin and liked the maple aroma i was getting but the tobacco looked really dry. Upon my first smoke i will admit, I didn't like it at all. There was so much expectation it just didn't deliver. I waited about a week and tried again. This time, I ever so slowly, i sipped this in my pipe. Little puffs at a time, just really sipping like a good wine or bourbon. It was then I liked it. I tasted more of the maple this was and the room note was great. Those around me loved it. ...my two cents.
  • Options
    Again, more of an aromatic that an English or VaPer smoker might consider trying. 
  • Options
    Well thank you very much for responding guys,was just interested in your opinions.Always interested in trying something new.
  • Options
    I was recently gifted a tin of Autumn Evening by a fellow smoker, who like myself likes their aromatics to taste less like tobacco and more like sweet confections. And his suggestion that it's more of an aromatic English (without the Latakia) or a Va-Per is right on the mark. But with the slightest bit of tweaking with either Sutliff Rum & Maple, or Maple Walnut, or my preference Maple Street and a sprinkle of Vanilla Custard it becomes quite a delightful smoke. For those aromatic smokers among us with a variety of aromatic blends in your cellar I believe you can turn any blend into something more palatable with a little experimentation. Many times it's just a sprinkle and not a 50/50 mixture. I like to make up a batch small enough for a single bowl before trying to create a new blend and wasting a few ounces only to create a Frankenstein blend that taste like gym socks.     
  • Options
    As has been demonstrated, adding Sutliff bulk Vanilla Custard to most any tobacco blend will probably work out well. 

Maple Street was my second Sutliff blend (after Molto Dolce) but I found it lacking. I still have not tried the bulk rum and maple blend.
  • Options
    I still like wild hare the best at this point.