Watch out for Irma
Hopefully all the pipe smoking members in Florida have taken the proper precautions and are getting out of the way of Irma. There are too few pipe smokers in the country and we can't afford to lose any more.
Here are some things I've learned in the 64 years I've been on this planet.
1. There is no such think as a "Hurricane Proof" building. You may think it was built to withstand a hurricane but don't bet your life on it.
2. A piece of straw can pierce a telephone pole when propelled by hurricane force wind.
3. The safest place to be in a hurricane is 300 miles away from it.
4. It's not always the wind speed that can get you. The rain can be just as deadly.
5. When the Coast Guard and other military start evacuating out of the path of a hurricane, it should tell all the civilians it's time to move out of the way.
Hope you pipe smokers in Florida take the precautions necessary to be pipe smokers next week.