Home General
Options

Hurricane Irma Could Go Off The Chart Part Category 5 - Coastal Residents Take Heed

I know we have quite a few members here that live either in or around Florida or the coastal areas that may be in the path of Hurricane Irma. And from all accounts this could be an even more devastating wind event than Hurricane Harvey which was more of a flooding event. I've been watching the Weather Channel and forecasters have predicted this could top the present charts creating a new category beyond Category Five. So everyone in the possible path of the storm please take heed and if you're asked to evacuate ... do so. This is shaping up to be the most deadly hurricane season that I can recall.

As I was typing this I just remembered, I sent my Big Ben Fantasia pipe to Ric at Briarville for repair, and he lives in Florida. I think that pipe might have a curse on it. Probably made from a tree that sat in the middle of a sacred burial ground.    

Comments

• Options
    Gee, I wonder what's causing the very serious changes in the severity of the world's weather.
    I'll bet that it's part of a conspiracy by the the lying media to gain possession of your pipe.  :p

• Options
    I've never heard of 185 mph winds for a hurricane before, highest typhoon was 215 mph. If Irma gets into the Gulf I shudder to think what could happen after Harvey. Sandy did some real damage in my area and that was a Cat 1 going to Tropical storm when it hit. However, if you want to break in a pipe  quickly, light it and walk outside during the storm. (The author of this post does NOT take responsibility for anyone's pipe or fingers if the aforesaid is done.)
  • Options
    There is geological proof that the earth has gone through continual climate change. There is also proof that the orbit of the earth around the sun fluctuates every year so the distance between the earth and sun fluctuates. Maybe that has an affect also.
  • Options
    PappyJoePappyJoe Master
    edited September 2017
    @Woodsman 1980, Hurricane Allen, 190 mph sustained winds when it hit Corpus Christi, Texas. I was part of the hurricane response for that one. Got to Corpus a few minutes before the eye. 
  • Options
    My mom is in Charleston. She seemed a bit worried when we spoke yesterday. Man, what a natural disaster clusterf*ck. Fires here, floods there, winds... sharknado? 
  • Options
    My guess is that the current flooding, is due to the legalization of  gay marriage in some states. Not necessarily, the states that are flooding. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.......
  • Options
    And for anyone who follows space weather the sun just emitted a couple of X-Class flares that can be pretty devastating to weather and communication satellites (bad timing with a hurricane approaching), could set off earthquakes or finally be that little extra push that sets off Yellowstone Super Volcano. Going to be an interesting couple of weeks.   
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii but you know how some people are going to blame one person. Honest, I know you didn't start it. 
  • Options
    It's been a good few years since we last had 3 named storms in the Atlantic at the same time, Harvey is just over and here we go again.