Home General
Options

Badges, Rank, Points and Fixes?

Seems like a few of us have lost our old status, some have been fixed while others have not, some of us had tons of badges and now we only have a handful or less, when will the Admins get this fixed and will it ever really be fixed? Seems I only have 4 badges now and have been bumped or should I say KNOCKED down to Apprentice.....kind of strange to have been on here for so long, give ideas to help better the site, start some many topics (some good some bad) and then be kicked in the #%**$ along with a few others.  Been weeks now and some are fixed and others have been left to the sewer rats.  
Makes you wonder....

LMAO

Comments

• Options
    It's been maybe 2 weeks. I'm not sweating it.
  • Options
    @motie2 was recently promoted to Conoissieur bur some of us have been overlooked.

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited August 2017
    @PappyJoe -- And I still have no idea why.....  Certainly both you and @ghostsofpompeii deserve it more that I. 

As a side note, I found that, at least in Northern NJ, if you are a Commonsewer and have a couple of bucks it will get you coffee at Starbucks. Badges will get you cream and sugar (if you don't take it black.)
  • Options
    I'm come to the opinion that those of us who were listed as winners of the monthly prizes were unaware that it would cost us points and our badges. The only problem is we didn't get the prizes but still lost the points and badges. 
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii -- Nicole informed Pappy and me (in the first folder) that the System Lords are working on the problems.
  • Options

@motie2 I'm just being silly. I know they're doing their best to get things rectified. Most members seem quite satisfied with all the changes for the better. Like anything, there are always hiccups when changes are made. Just the edit feature alone should help keep me from looking like a complete illiterate moron now that I can go back and correct stupid mistakes. You have no idea how annoying it was when I was posting a picture on the Daily Briar Photoshoot and had to see the misspelling of the word Daily every time I clicked on the topic. I know 'photo shoot' is two words (every time I type it the word is underlined) - but that was intentional. But misspelling Daily was a case of stuttering fingers.

I don't use devices like tablets or cell phone to log on - and the changes seem to have made those who do very happy. So all and all, the changes are actually going along quite well even though there are a few glitches here and there. As long as members don't get lazy and simply click 'LIKE' instead of adding to a conversation I'll be happy. @NicoleSTGLaneLtd and the computer gurus are doing a fine job and it's nice to let them know that as well as complaining when something is wrong. Hopefully they've read enough of my posts to realize I'm more of a Court Jester and take my silly comments with the humor intended and not serious. I hate being serious ... it make lines and wrinkles in your face. Keeping an expressionless dumbfounded look gives me a more youthful appearance.    

• Options
    @ghostsofpompeiiYeah, some years ago I had one vice-president ask me, "When are you gonna grow up?" 

I always heard "Grow up!" as "Stop growing!"

• Options
    Growing up is over rated

• Options
    Badges, We don't need no stinking badges!
  • Options
    I had 13 badges now I have 5 just comment counters and an anniversary.
  • Options
    I had ten badges; now I have four, but I cannot perceive a difference in my life.

I was also elevated to Commonsewer for no reason I can think of, right after the change-over, and being locked out of TPL for a couple of days.....

The System Lords work in mysterious ways, but all and all the new site is so much better than the old.....
  • Options
    I am devastated that I have been busted to Newcomer from Apprentice.....and I did not even have the honor of Donald Trump telling me "you're fired". I may not even get out of bed in the morning....so depressing.
  • Options
    @pwkarch I was busted from Connoisseur to Apprentice and was told it would get fixed. Hasn't happened but @motie2 got jumped over everyone and he is the only Connoisseur on here. 
  • Options

I'm curious if the point system has been changed as it pertains to both badges and ranking. My points have moved up, but not to the level they originally were. Before the changes I was creeping on Connoisseur with 149 points ... I'm currently list at 122,  which has steadily climbed since the initial start-up of the new system. I think on day one of the fix I was under 100 points. And I've moved back up to Professor ranking, so I can once again brag to my high school friends who told me I'd never amount to anything.. Yet I still only have 4 badges - and I had a chest full, which I polished are wore proudly on my rock & roll T-shirts. So I was wondering if my current total is actually correct, and a reflection of the new point system? Or is the system still being fixed.

I think it would help matters if the new ranking system (if there is any changes) could be posted to clarify matters. We all may be waiting for numbers to return to their old level and that's not the case. Things just seem to be a bit confusing.    

• Options
    My stats:

Username motie2  
    Joined October 2016  
    Visits 894   
    Last Active 9:39AM  
    Roles Member, >>>Professor  (!?!?!?)<<<
    Points  167  
    Badges 4 (I had ten before the changeover....)

So, why was I elevated to Commonsewer?
    Dunno, but it's probably related to my good grooming and winning personality.  :s

• Options
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful..... :p
  • Options
    My stats:
    Joined April 2016
    Visits 1788
    Role Member, Connoisseur (before I was downgraded to Apprentice. Now, I'm back to professor)
    Points 149 (previously 154)
    Badges 5 (previously 9)
    Discussions Started: 98 (including the one about Music to smoke your pipe to)
    Comments made: 1878

Yet I am still a lowly untenured professor. Must be politics.
    Or @motie2 belongs to the pipe smoking mafia.

• Options
    @PappyJoe -- The Camorra doesn't take kindly to being confused with the Mafia (capital M).

Or as Captain Jack would have it.....

• Options
    LOL You guys kill me but look, a lot of you are now Masters.  I guess I will stay down here with the Riff Raff and be a happy little troll.  Before someone else makes a comment that was a JOKE.  Would be nice to see a list of what gets you what points and what badges, I have lost so many badges and so many points my head is still spinning.  I had at least a dozen badges and was way up in points but now I am just crawling back up to Conmansewer and doubt this Grasshopper will ever be Masterblaster of this sewer.  Again more joking, hate to have to say that but some people take everything serious.  From my past post about my feelings of the points and ranking screw up   "Wasn't really the Rank thing that bothered me, it was the disrespect from the site towards all of us that upset me to the point of not wanting to be around here."     I will say WE ALL did a good job of making suggestions to improve this site!
  • Options
    @motie2 I looked it over Motie2, that is our old system, they need a new updated listing, from what I can tell the posts badges are gone, the only badges I have are comments (missing some) and Anniversary badges (missing one) and half my points are still gone yet they did move me back up to Con-man-sewer-rat for now....lol  I have commented and made more posts than I could keep count of and all them points and badges are gone....So sad.....(Sarcastic by the way) I feel like I stole Toto from Dorothy and I am a lowly witches Monkey flying in circles.  That was also me being sarcastic (PappyJoe has shown me the light of letting people know when posting sarcastic stuff).  To many people take everything you say as being serious.  Guess that is my fault?
  • Options
    @Wolf41035 -- <<Guess that is my fault?>> 
    Heck, no. This manner of communication lends itself to misunderstandings of intent. 
  • Options
    LOL  I like to stay up to date on things.  Guess that is the way I roll.....LMAO 
    On another note I hate computers, I hate tablets and I hate Smart phones!  I use the heck out of them and think they are great but hate the way people are replacing things and how our youth is being educated, they are teaching them to use calculators and computers, this is a problem in many ways! If we ever have an EMP or giant Sun flare or just lose electricity for more than a few hours these kids are LOST, stores have to close because they have no clue how to operate without computers and/or calculators.....Sorry off topic.  Been on here to long trying to catch up on some of the comments and posts I have missed....Moderation Wolf Moderation!  Got to go, see you all when I get a chance to get back on here.
  • Options
    I just looked at mine. My badges for comments show up, but not for discussions started, or the length of time - except for my one year anniversary badge. The points for those badges must count, however, since I am at 161.
    The counts are about what I would expect - well over 1,000 comments, but only about 20 discussions started. This reflects my forum behavior generally, over the years, across many forums. I tend to participate - thoughtfully, I hope - in discussions, but I don't start them as often.