Home General
Options

Pipes That Are Just Too Damn Pretty - Or Expensive To Smoke

edited August 2017 in General

Pipes are meant to be smoked, but do you have any in your collection that are either too valuable, collectible or simply too beautiful to smoke and simply use them for display purposes. After seeing PappyJoe's beautiful lighthouse pipe I couldn't imagine smoking it. I'd use it as the centerpiece to my collection - more as a conversation piece. Some Meerschaum pipes are stunning yet delicate works of art that I couldn't imagine striking a match to. And as clumsy as I am I'd be terrified of dropping and breaking them. My four Meerschaums are on the very low end of the price scale, so I don't fear smoking them even after having a few drinks in me (which isn't all that often).

I've also seen several pipes on EBAY with astronomical price tags attached to them and can't imagine anyone buying them to smoke. Kind of like buying collectible toys and leaving them in the original packaging because to remove them devalues them.

Anyone here have something in their collection that's for display purposes only? 

Comments