Home The Lounge
Options

Tobacco Friendly Bars For the Pipe Smoker

If you travel, let others know here where the pipe friendly bars are in major cities. Let's help each other out!

Comments

• Options
    The Cigar Bar in San Francisco is one of the only ones in the city...however no aros allowed. 
  • Options
    If you happen to be traveling through the Midwest ... between Gary, Indiana and Chicago, Illinois - in the town of Merriville, Indiana there is a Cigar Bar called Karma Cigar Bar. The place caters to the cigar crowd and I've never seen a pipe smoker in there yet. They may not welcome you with open arms ... but you can smoke there and get a mixed drink or imported beer. 
  • Options
    JR Cigars in Whippany, NJ.
  • Options
    Indoor smoking is pretty much not allowed in Louisiana so you pretty much can't smoke in places that are not cigar shops. That being said, Winston's Pub & Patio in Metairie (neighboring New Orleans) has a nice outdoors patio area for smokers. 

Mayan Imports has 2 New Orleans locations and one in Metairie. The 2 in New Orleans all have smoking. The one in Metairie is currently not allowed to have smoking on premise but they have bought a stand-alone building and will begin renovations soon. It will have a smoking patio and 2 indoor smoking lounges. One lounge will be for VIPs and the other will be for anyone walking in. 
  • Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    I'm a cigar smoker in public and I don't think I've even seen a pipe smoker in any of these location but I agree with the JR's. I've been to several locations but the Whippany location is a great spot. I also love patio lounge at del Frisco and the Rhum Bar in Vegas. I also like to hang out at Sulivan's patio bar in Tucson when I'm staying at my home in AZ. :o
  • Options
    In OKC, specifically Norman, we have Louie's and Pub W - both restaurants have cigar bars. We also have The Cohiba Lounge which is a full bar attached to Royal Pipes, on OU's campus. All 3 Tobacco Exchange shops have free smoking lounges but no booz. 
  • Options
    As mentioned above, Winston's Pub & Patio in Metairie which is about 10 minutes from downtown New Orleans. We held our New Orleans Pipe Club meeting there last night. 

• Options
    Looks like an intelligent group in Metairie.
  • Options
    I was actually stunned to find a Tobbaco shop and smoking lounge in a mall in Pentagon City in D.C. a few yrs. back.In Florida forget it.You may find a Tobbaco shop in a mall but lightning up in it no way.
  • Options
    Holt's Cigar shop on the first floor with a smoking room in the bake and the Ashton Cigar Lounge on the 2nd floor where one can smoke and drink.  www.holts.com/retail-stores and ashtoncigarbar.com/
  • Options
    We have a new cigar bar that opened in Apex, NC. I walked in and the place was packed. No pipes. I walked out  :'(
  • Options
    I smoke my pipes at Pipes&Pleasures in Columbus, Ohio - sandwitched between the suburbs of Bexley and Whitehall. P&P stocks the best  assortment of pipes, cigars, and tobaccos anywhere close to Columbus, if not in all of Ohio.The shop features Rosewitha Anderson's S&R brand pipes. My wife hates the way I smell after smoking a pipe so, when I get back home from the pipe shop, I have to strip down in the utility room, throw my clothes into the washer, and jump right into the shower. I hate the hastle, but its well worth the enjoyment I get from smoking a pipe. I realize this doesn't make me sound like the "King of the castle, but happy wife, happy life."

P&P has a newly remodeled smoking lounge, easy going - non pretentious smokers, and it's BYOB - just be discreet. Check out their website at:  https://www.pipesandpleasures.biz/maintenance as it includes a fair number of photos. 

On this site, you'll also discover the history about this husband and wife pipe-making duo. If you are a pipe smoker, you'll appreciate Steven's accomplishments and gain a much deserved respect for S&R pipes. Rosewitha still makes her own handmade pipes. She does custom pipes as well. You can find their estate pipes on line on an occassional basis. I'd highly recommend taking a chance on one. I don't think you'll be disappointed.