Home General
Options

Thing TPL could do to IMPROVE the SITE.

OK People, maybe the admins and developers need one place they can read all the things we would like to see them do to make this site better?
List your ideas here and see if we can get them to do a few of them. 

Like button $ % I think (Judandhispipe was first to mention like button)
Poles/voting sections *
Edit button for our comments % (Motie, Woodsman, Pappy and a bunch of us talked about this)
Improved points system - Tests we can take *, points for reading TPL Topics *, points for likes given and received and so on %. * % (Multiple people talked about needing an improvement but no one said how, I came up with these)  
Fix issues for phones and tablet users % (Just about anyone and everyone that can't always use PC or Laptop)
Easier way to post pictures and videos %
Different colored fonts *
Symbols and maybe emojis (At least Pipes and Pipe Smoke) *
Easy buttons to tag Admins *
List of Admins stuck to top of the Pipeline *
Set dates for contests %

OK People start listing things you would like to see or comment if you like some of the ones I mentioned.  Some of these are my ideas and others had been discussed by a bunch of us, not trying to steal anyone's ideas just getting them out there, I have Stars by ones that are mine and Percent by ones that a bunch of us all talked about and Dollar sign if it was someone else idea.

If you were one who talked about any of the above topics please add your name to the list. 
It might help show the Admins our interest and who to talk to about them.

Comments

• Options
    Fix the Edit Button you do have for Posts, it is useless, I was going to edit the title of my post topic and the button does nothing but give you a message the page is not found.  Not sure if this is a new button your working on for us or if it is just messed up but it sure would be nice to edit our topics, posts and comments.
  • Options
    I'm pretty happy with the site as is it, with the exception of an EDIT button. Want the opportunity to correct a typo after it's been made rather than see it in the title in perpetuity like my misspelled 'Dailly' Briar Photoshoot. I cringe every time I see it.
  • Options
    I have a few edits I would like to do, sometimes my auto correct changes the words on me to what IT thinks is best suited for the sentence.  Example I typed Polls for something we could add to make things interesting and at first I think I put either one or three L's in the word, it changed it to pool so I fixed it but must have hit an extra letter because it changed it to poles and that time I didn't catch it. Another example is I would like to change the title of Aromatics only to Aromatic Daily Smokes and unless we get an edit button it is stuck or I have to start a New topic/post and I really don't want to do that because we have good stuff in the Aromatics only thread.
    I know a bunch of us have errors in our posts and comments and it would be great to be able to fix them.  I also think the Font Color would be nice.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Being a cynical pessimist, I'm concerned that when the System Lords roll out the "new improved TPL" -- maybe that should be "if and when" -- they'll bobble the goat's head and we'll have a P&C-style meltdown.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    My eldest, age 40, is a current production manager and a former coder for Major League Baseball. 
    He says fixing this site, incorporating many of the suggestions our members have made, should be easy. 

We'll see..............

• Options
    cwpipes9cwpipes9 Newcomer
    How about a mobile app? I'd be here way more often if there was an app. I can't always get on my computer. 
  • Options
    randellirandelli Enthusiast
    We need purple font for sarcasm....

Oh, and there is a 1-hour window to edit posts, if you click on the "options" wheel and then click "edit post". Not sure if it works on titles though.
  • Options
    Sticking my neck out here...how about an active site administrator to address our suggestions?  I've tried twice to get someone to post my pipe club information with no response whatsoever.

I guess now I'm an "Apprentice" forever.  Oh well.
  • Options
    paulwansingpaulwansing Enthusiast
    Let me post from my tablet.  That is all I ask, the site is great except for that one issue in my opinion.
  • Options
    dbh1950dbh1950 Newcomer
    All good suggestions that would make TPL more accessible and user friendly. As many have expressed, the problem with the site and the use of certain tablets and smartphones. My Android tablet can access the site, but am unable to post comments. I can access the site and post comments with my smartphone, however, to post, I have to double tap the field within a certain sequence. 
    Using my smartphone, which is always with me, even while traveling, gives me easy access, with few exceptions. CWPIPES9 made a really good suggestion, create an app. I know, easy for me to say, but that would appear to be a great step forward, giving ready access.