Home General
Options

P&C

Well it's good news bad news.Recieved my order Saturday,everything was in order.However I had to make a credit card payment Saturday and saw they charged me 67.00.Now I've never been accused of being a mathematical genius but 67.00 minus 50.00 doesn't come out to 67.00. Emailed them Saturday no reply,No reply today.Going to give them one more day and then call,the revitalization of there communication system has not been fully implemented if at all.

Comments

• Options

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these P&C complaint threads, were created with ulterior motives. I mean, think about it, there are so many online retailers and local B&M to choose from, that it makes no sense to me why anyone would continue to do business with folks they have had habitual problems with in the past.

If I went down to my local grocer, and their meat and eggs were always out of date, at some point I would get tired of banging my head against the wall until it bleeds, instead of doing business somewhere else. Especially after I created threads on online forums, complaining about how profusely my head is bleeding.

• Options

Send them an Email about the problem you hit, the same thing happened to me and I canceled the order. They told me that I hadn't signed in, I just went to their site and ordered, it knew my info and all but, the coupon rejects if you don't sign in. I went to the site and signed in and it took.

• Options
    I can assure you I have no ulterior motive,Why would I? I did go elsewhere for a very long time.I kept getting emails assuring me that their problems were in the past.So I decided.to try again and why not,I was offered a good deal.As of right now I'm being overcharged and not about to blow it off.So if you consider this an ulterior motive than I guess I'm guilty.
  • Options

@buflosab, If you hang around, and continue to be a regular member here, a post such as this one would look quite different. If you start a thread such as this and quickly disappear, my point would be proven. I suppose we shall see in the long run.

The reality is, the folks at P&C are honest people. They are having software, and in turn shipping issues as of late.

• Options
    dbh1950dbh1950 Newcomer
    As I have posted on other threads regarding P&C, I have had superb service from them, even in the process of a pipe return, they sent the replacement before receiving the return, I value that level of trust. I still subscribe to an old rule, if you can't say anything good, don't say anything at all. If some have legitimate issues with a vendor, contact them, give them a chance to address whatever issue is there. If there is nit a reasonable response or none at all, let them know they have lost a customer. Someone else on another thread spoke about the Congress and their imposition of special interest ideas that may have very negative effects on pipe smokers, vendors both B&M and online, all those that are involved to include growers, that are essential for us to fill a bowl with tobacco. Support and unity is the key. A thumbs up to STG and those that give us this forum, TPL.
  • Options
    Tuxedo007Tuxedo007 Newcomer

Perhaps I'm just lucky.  I have never had a problem with an order from P&C!  However, I do phone the order in to them, thereby hopefully stopping any confusion or questions arising.  It works for me, at least up until now. 

Tuxedo007

• Options

I just put in a large order today at P&C and don't expect any problems. First and foremost I only order what's currently in stock. If an item is on back order I skip it until a later date. It's usually the back orders that create problems. So if you see the items are on back order save yourself the headaches and don't order if you've had past issues. I had to hold off on re-ordering more Molto Dolce and one of Moties's favorites Barbados Plantation because they were back ordered. And if you ever see the term ... out of stock ... chances are it's not going to be re-stocked so don't waste your time ordering it at P&C. Try somewhere else.  

• Options
    @ghostsofpompeii, I couldn't have explained it any better than you did!
  • Options
    Placed an order early last week, got it on Wednesday, no problems.
  • Options
    @ghostofpompeii is spot on.

Took one order for me to realize the frustration of ordering something they're outta stock on.

Their prices are generally better than the other click&morters out there, but I find that both Cupojoes & Smoking pipes both to be close in price and usually have whatever P&C is out of.

I know some folks use 4noggins.  Have never spent a dime with them and never will.  Being a business they need to keep their politics to themselves and not insult and blast folks/customers online.  (rant over)

Dino
  • Options

Really? I've dealt with them from time to time when they have something I can't find other places and didn't notice anything like that. I avoid Political stuff all the time, I've seen a 1000+ forum start a "Ranter" file and it fell apart in a year.

• Options
    I don't think we're going to see Out of Stock Tobacco being reordered due to the "Deeming".
  • Options
    @woodsman - If I read the news correctly last week, all tobacco on the market is allowed to stay on the market until 2021 now.  Here's the link to the IPCPR press release.

• Options
    I've been patronizing P&C since last summer. I tried to order two tins of Barbados Plantation from P&C. They were out of stock. So, I ordered from Smokingpipes. Same price; three day delivery. No problems.

If you have any kind of concern with P&C, order from someone else. Sure, P&C carries some exclusive labels, but there is a world of tobacco choices out there......
  • Options
    @motie2, it's always good to be aware of other choices.
  • Options
    I placed an order from P&C on Monday and received it on Wednesday, 2 days!