Home General
Options

PandC

Can someone explain the 50 dollar free money to me.I gather you spend maybe 55 or 60 dollars and with your free 50.00 you are really only spending 5 or 10 dollars? Is that how it works?I don't mean to sound dense but I just would like some feedback before I get involved.

Comments

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @buflosab -- Contact @ghostsofpompeii .  He got a really nice pipe with his coupon. He'll explain the process to ya.

And welcome aboard!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    piperdavepiperdave Connoisseur
    @buflosab YES, that is how it works. When I received my gift certificate I ordered 52.00 dollars of items and when I checked out I had to pay like 8 or 9 dollars total; the 2 dollars over 50 plus 6.99 for the shipping.
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    is this still active?  i didnt see it on the site.  did i miss it?
  • Options
    The $50 coupon is good until July 31st.  I finally pulled the trigger today and ordered using the coupon.  My total bill came to $50.58 for five tins and some pipe cleaners.  I paid .58 cents plus $6.99 for shipping for a grand total out of pocket of $7.57.  I only ordered items that are in stock as I didn't want to deal with the BS of waiting for back ordered items to some day make it to my doorstep. Been there and done that with these guys and really don't want to do it again.
  • Options
    @Londy3 - the coupon was sent to customers who ordered in February on International Pipe Smoking Day and whose orders got totally f-d up by P&C.  Others who ordered around that time likely got the coupon too, but my order was on IPSD.  I received it via email direct from P&C.
  • Options
    Hi Jim,Thank for the comment.I went ahead an ordered yesterday.I bought a pipe for 49.99 and 4 ounce of tobacco at 6.60 a piece,plus 3.99 for shipping, entered the code it stated I saved 34$ and some odd cents. How ever the bill still said $67.00,I found this odd, Should I be concerned?
  • Options

Buflosab, Did you sign in before ordering, I didn't and the coupon didn't register, so I signed in and tried again, then it worked

• Options
    Yes I did,hopefully it will work out for me and for others.If this works out good for P&C.My confidence with this organization is not at an all time high.Hope I'm proven wrong.Will keep any interested parties updated.
  • Options
    Call them if it doesn't, they should put it right for you.
  • Options
    Just wanted to update everyone on my order from P&C.  I ordered on July 12th and received my shipment on July 14th...that, my friends, is service!  Like I stated previously, I only ordered in-stock items and I think for the time being that's the key if you want to receive a timely shipment.  This restores my faith in them somewhat, with the hope that they'll quickly restock their back-ordered items and minimize shipping delays.  I think this is a sign they're getting back on their feet and reverting bacl to being a dependable go-to for all of us.  
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Ordered Officer's Club on Monday 7-17-17. We'll see.
  • Options
    Good for you both,Happy to hear it.I to rec my order in a timely manner. Did have one problem which I won't discuss because a few members brought heat down on me because I mentioned a problem with P&C.At any rate thanks for the comments and updates.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @buflosab -- I apologize on behalf of the less aggressive members. It's summertime; we have no need of "heat." Frankly, we don't need it in the winter, either. Let's try to be kind to each other and accept differences of opinion as differences of opinion..... and not casus belli.
  • Options

Just to clarify my stance, pipe smoking is not only a hobby, the pipe and cigar community is a brotherhood.

A wise Vietnam Vet once expressed to me, that 99% of problems between people, begin with poor communication. He explained to me that if you approach any situation with an obvious level of respect, you can avoid many of the problems encountered in certain situations. Once you get sideways with someone, it can be difficult to get things back on track.

There's usually a right way to approach a problem, but there can be multiple ways to approach the same problem poorly, and most of those will involve disrespect on some level.

That same Vietnam Vet also made a statement that will stay with me for the duration of my years.

"If you give respect, you usually get respect. If you act like a jerk, be prepared to be treated like one."

Now more than ever, we need to stand together and solve any problems 1 on 1 respectfully, instead of airing any issues we might have on a public forum. Brothers will always have their differences, but they will usually always respect each other and address those issues privately not publicly.

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    xDutchx -- Well put. I'm in total agreement.
  • Options
    Thanks motie and Dutch,As a Vietnam Veteran myself, I concur.Again thanks for the good vibes.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Ordered a tin of Officer's Club on Monday 7-17-17 and it arrived today, 7-20-17.

Not too shabby; in fact: TERRIFIC SPEEDY SERVICE!!!! 

(Of course, it was marked "In Stock.")
  • Options
    Good deal,Never tried Officers Club,most of the time I order the brands Russ advertises.Living in Florida their are really no first rate Tobbaco Establishments,all have pretty much run out of the malls.Wallgreens sells Captian Black which is Ok in a pinch.The last time I went to get some I paid 17.99 for 1 and a half ounces.Thats why I have to depend on an establishment that has fast and dependable service.P&C seems to be on their way again and of course The Country Squire is great.Hope to hear from you again.
  • Options
    Watchmaker61Watchmaker61 Enthusiast
    Ordered some LaneBCA on Wednesday morning it arrived Saturday. Knowing the shipping time they got my order out the day it was ordered!
  • Options
    PhilipPhilip Enthusiast
    Now if we could only turn around a clean & overhaul that fast!
  • Options
    Thanks for the comments,hopefully all is well.