Home General
Options

Gin Pairings

tomatobodhitomatobodhi Apprentice
Recommend a gin and tobacco pairing below...

Comments

• Options
    tomatobodhitomatobodhi Apprentice
    I recommend Hendricks near or on the rocks with Warhorse Green.

Warhorse Green is a delightful and rich anisette and other stuff aromatic that is much more like the old tonquin aros. It has plenty of body and is stronger. I find it pairs well with gin, with its light body and juniper prickle. Hendricks has rose and cucumber infusion, which keeps it sweet, light, and refreshing. This is welcome relief from the rich and deep WH Green.
  • Options
    I used to hate Gin. Couldn't stand the taste of it. About a year and a half ago, I found out what I didn't like was the old style Dry London Gins and it didn't matter what the brand was but it was probably because it was not the higher priced and quality. 

I have since gained an appreciation of what is considered New American Style Gin - gins which are distilled slightly differently and are heavier of botanicals or made with rye. I particularly like the offerings from St. George Spirits in California and I have recently discovered Euphrosine #9 distilled in New Orleans. 

This has lead me to try some of the other big name gins like Bombay Sapphire. 

Haven't done a lot of experimenting but in my opinion gin requires a milder tobacco - something which isn't overburdened with latakia.