Home Tobacco Talk
Options

BriarWorks Peach Cobbler - First Impressions

My evening smoke tonight was my first bowl of BriarWorks Peach Cobbler. I had it in my radiator pipe with a Briar Works tall bowl.

I let it dry for about an hour before lighting. It took several tries to keep it lit and also required several relights. Its really wet smoking to me at least.

I could taste peaches and some cinnamon but nothing that reminded me of a crust taste I'd expect with cobbler. I might have to mix in some vanilla next time and see if I get that ice cream topping taste.

I like the cool mason jar packaging and the jar had a good seal when opened. I'll finish it off, but I'm not sure I'll buy anymore in the future.

peach cobbler

Comments

• Options
    @rustedrailpipes Thanks for the review. I've been looking for a peach flavored aromatic and that was one I was considering. If it's not worth buying again maybe I'd better look elsewhere for that ultimate peach flavored tobacco. At $11.48 for a 2 oz. jar there may be some cheaper bulk blend out there that might suit me better. If after a few more bowls you discover it's much better than your first bowl give me a shout out. Sometimes that first bowl is a bit of a disappointment because your expectations were too high. But once you've settled into the blend after a few bowls all the nuances come out and you amy find yourself reaching for it more often.
  • Options
    Although I'm an admitted Lat Head, love me some English blends, I have a real affinity for Peach tobacco.

So far I've accumulated...
    • Super Value Peach
    • Sutliff Peach Cobbler
    • Briarworks Peach Cobbler
    • Sutliff Taste of Summer

Out of all of these the Super Value is prolly the least Peachy.

The Taste of Summer is next on the scale, then Briarworks and finally, for me at least, the Sutliff Peach Cobbler is my favorite Peach fix.

Don't get me wrong.  The others mentioned here are somewhat peachy and are nice smokes, I'm actually having a bowl of the Taste of summer as I type.

• Options
    As far as the Briarworks Peach Cobbler goes, I to found it mild and somewhat buttery/creamy with a nice aroma of peach that sadly didn't translate into an abundance of peach flavor.
  • Options
    @Bonanzadriver that described it well. Great peach aroma in the jar (Not sure room note) but doesn't deliver that peachy punch I was looking for. 
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompei I plan on trying it a couple of more times in the next few days.  I want to put some through a new cob and see if that changes the experience.  I'm also taking the jar to my Pipe Club meeting tomorrow to see if I can get some other feedback.  Maybe they'll have a different impression.  Cost wise, I do think it is a little overpriced especially if I could find something in a bulk longer term.
  • Options
    Here's the link to the review I did on here last August. 

We really need a category for Pipe Tobacco Reviews on this forum. It would make it easier to find things.
  • Options
    I agree with ya Pappy.

I've noticed, after purchasing some less than great blends for my unsophisticated palate over the last few months, that I'm doin a whole lot more "review readin" before I pull the trigger.

• Options
    @bonanzadriver - That's why it's important to visit other forums and website. I am active on two other forums that you are also on, and recommend you read any reviews you find by JimInks. 
  • Options
    I couldn't agree more pappy.  Besides having met and really liking Jim, I find his reviews to be excellent.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link @PappyJoe
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    @PappyJoe writes, above: <<We really need a category for Pipe Tobacco Reviews on this forum. It would make it easier to find things.>>

Damn, but I'm being obtuse again. It must be old age. Seriously, don't we already have a discussion entitled, "Pipe Tobacco Reviews"????

(Additionally, and by-the-by, we even have two side-by-side folders about "Peach Cobbler.")
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Or they were side-by-side until, like anidiot, I posted here, jumping this Peachy folder to the top.
  • Options
    @motie2 - No. You are not being obtuse. I'm just ignoring you. (That's a joke, son!)

You started a thread/conversation entitled "Pipe Tobacco Reviews" and want everyone to post their reviews in there. Then we would have to scroll through the entire conversation to find older reviews.

I want a Category (i.e. General, Ask an Expert, Pipes & Accessories, Tobacco Talk, etc.) where each tobacco review would be it's own individual conversation and easier to find.

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Ah, thank you for clearing that up. Excellent idea. 
    I was being obtuse. Sorry, Pops!
  • Options
    Don't know why but the links aren't opening when I click on them.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    Is this the link you wanted? PappyJoe's Peach Cobbler review?above?

<<After recently trying several other blends that failed to deliver on the promise of their name, I was not expecting much from BriarWorks Peach Cobbler. I thought that maybe there would be some tin aroma related to the smell of a baking peach cobbler.I have been pleasantly surprised. When I open the jar I bought from smokingpipes.com last month, I smelled peaches, a little vanilla and some light whiskey/rum but nothing that really reminded me of a peach cobbler. Now, after smoking half the jar, I open it and still smell the peaches, vanilla and some light whiskey/rum but can say that it reminds me more of a peach cobbler scented candle my wife showed me at a craft store. Don’t get me wrong! It doesn’t smell bad it just doesn’t smell like something fresh baked.On to more important things. I’ve never had to let BriarWorks Peach Cobbler sit out and dry before lighting. Even with the first bowl it took just a charing light followed by a tamp and second light to get it burning evenly. The sweet fruity flavor of the peaches with a touch of vanilla has been apparent to me immediately every time I’ve smoked it. The peach and vanilla does become less pronounced to me after a half bowl but it retains the sweet creaminess of the smoke throughout the bowlAs would be expected from a good aromatic, the room note is very pleasant. I’ve had one of my grandsons ask “Who’s eating a peach? I want one.” To me that is high praise for this blend. Strength wise, I found it to be a mild to medium with the nicotine slowly building up to a noticeable level near the end of the bowl. So far it has been smooth and it has not produced any tongue bite or burned hot other than one time when I was smoking it outdoors and the wind picked up. Smoked slowly it will not bite.Bottom line for me: Is this an aromatic pipe tobacco that everyone will enjoy? No. But I did and I have already purchased two more of the 2 oz. jars and placed them in my cellar.>>

~ @PappyJoe August 2016 in Tobacco Talk
  • Options
    I find myself enjoying this in the evenings.  I added a little vanilla custard and now it has a touch sort of like ice cream on the top of the peach cobbler.. without all the calories.