Home The Lounge
Options

Black Sails TV Series

Has anyone watched the television series on Starz called Black Sails? I believe there is more pipe smoking shown in this series, than any I have seen. It is set during the Golden Age of Piracy, during the early 18th century. I am watching the first season right now, and what is surprising, is that I have yet to see 1 clay pipe. Most of the pipes shown are made of wood, some artisan crafted, and some crudely but with lots of personality.

The 4th and final season just concluded, and box sets including all 4 seasons should be available around the end of August. It's a pretty cool series, especially so if you are into pipe smoking, pirates, and pirate booty.

Comments

• Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    I searched the internet for stills/pictures from Black Sails, and there's a gazillion of them, but not a single one I could find pictured a pipe smoker. One character is often shown smoking what appears to be a small cigar, but no pipe.
  • Options
    I keep meaning to watch that series. It looks good, but too much in the Netflix que right now.
  • Options

@motie2, I know the cigar you speak of. The way they keep passing that same cigar around, I suspect it may contain more than tobacco.

I am guessing they are withholding the pipe smoking pics, to encourage pipe smokers to buy the series.

@rustedrailpipes, it should still be available when you get around to it, and the longer you wait the cheaper it will probably be.