Home General
Options

What are you Drinking while smoking your pipe today?

Comments

• Options
    You've probably noticed by now I'm not much of a drinker in terms of alcoholic beverages - but I do love my coffee and tea. Today I was smoking Russ's Monthly Blend Cinnamon Roll while drinking a nice hot cup of Cameron's Highlander Grog
  • Options
    @motie2 I have tried all kinds of Spice Rum but never them two, might have to look for them and give them a try.  My Bacardi is not spice rum, do they make a spice rum?  
    I did have a spice rum with an old pirate or sailor on it can't remember what it was now and no not captain Morgan's but I have had that as well.  lol
  • Options
    There is one spiced rum I've had better than Sailor Jerry and Jonah's Curse, and that is Cruzan 9, which is not available in northern NJ. I'm told it's "distributor problems." The big liquor stores carry many kinds of Cruzan, but not the 9. So, for now, it's Jonah's Curse.
  • Options
    I'm drinking some iced coffee that I cold brewed while smoking Squadron Leader in my Peterson author pipe.
  • Options
    I guess I'm a bit of a traditionalist, when it comes to what I'm drinkin with my pipes/cigars.

If it's in the morning, it's Black Coffee.
    After lunch, Earl Grey
    Early evening, Corona or Fosters
    Evening, Scotch, Bourbon, Irish Whiskey or Red Wine.
  • Options
    @Bonanzadriver I see nothing wrong with that, the question here is what kinds? 
    Black Coffee? Is it always the same brand fixed the same way?
    Tea? Is it always Earl Grey? What brand or brands? Do you tend to like one brand fixed a certain way?
    Corona? Never mind...lol inside joke I guess... Fosters, big huge can or do they make small cans of that?  Only then two Beers?
    Scotch? Brand? So many kinds of Scotch....  Bourbon? All kinds of Bourbons, what is favorites and do you always go back to that one? Irish Whiskey, oh so many ways, what do you like?  And the RED WINE, should we even break that down.....what is your favorite red wine or do you have many? 

This post could have different answers for each person all the time, this is a way to share and maybe turn someone on to something they have never tried so share share share people.  lol
  • Options
    Going Rogue today, drinking coffee today because there is a chill outside, None sugar sweetener (diabetic) and Irish Cream flavoring to help sweeten it up.   I know being a diabetic alcohol and anything with sugar should never be on my list.....I am doing good keeping it under control, my doctor said I can splurge every so often.  Smoking cake day I got in a trade. 
  • Options
    What a dreary day!  I think I am going to bundle up take my pipe out to the porch, smoke some non-aromatic tobacco and drink some home brewed 180 proof Rum, either Peach or Cherry flavored.
  • Options
    Green Tea, Tomorrow a Craft Beer.
  • Options
    No pipe. Cold and rainy out. Drowning sorrows in Jonah's Curse Black Spiced Rum; about three fingers.
  • Options
    Alright Wolf, you win.  :)

I actually prefer Dunkin Donuts coffe, keep a bag of it in the office & @ home, but prefer it from the shop.  Problem is that it is 4 or 5 miles in the other direction, my commute is only 4 miles, so if I want it hot and fresh, I usually stop by Micky D's in the morning, 1/2 mile from the office.

Earl Grey tea, I keep Harney & Sons at the house but have Twinings @ the office (I know, a pearls for swine kind of attitude)

Fosters, why Oil Can of course!  :)

Bourbon, Blanton's

Scotch, Glenrothes

Wine, Pinot Noir & Cabernet Savignon by Vision Cellars, Sonoma Ca.  

So far tonight it's been Corona with dinner.  Started out the night with Blanton's in the mancave and am eyeballin the Glenrothes.  

Cheers
  • Options
    Now that is a list!  lol
    OK Today is cold and nasty and I have to go trap some honey bees out of a tree so when I get home it will be whiskey and coffee and a hot shower! No pipe smoking today or tonight! 
  • Options
    I'm all about it still being light out at 7 pm, but when the hell is it gonna stop raining and get warm?
  • Options
    MikeG88MikeG88 Newcomer
    Blantons burbon !
  • Options
    Bright and Sunny today (God is Good!) so I'm off to outside to smoke and enjoy the Jonah's Curse mixed with peach/ginger seltzer.
  • Options
    Today is a hot drink day, coffee, hot chocolate, hot tea, hot mixed drinks....anything warm or hot!!  LOL  I think the Coffee and Hot Chocolate will have a touch of alcohol in them!
  • Options
    I got to thinking about this thread, after my last post, and thought it mighta come across a bit snooty.

I'd like to clarify that the previously mentioned libations are my preferences/favorites.  But, when push comes to shove I reserve the right to invoke GOBL (good ol boy logic).

Rankings of beer preference, in order;
    1.  Free Beer
    2.  Cold Beer
    3.  My Beer

Rankings of Scotch;
      (see rankings of beer, substitute single malt for cold, but hey a fella's gotta do what a fella's gotta do)

Wine preferences;
    (see Beer, substitute most any dry red for cold, but hey a wino's gotta do what a wino's gotta do)

Rankings of tea;
      Pretty much anything that ain't sweet tea or chai .

Hope this clears things up.   :-)

• Options
    Coffee from DD, Sun's not over the Yardarm yet.
  • Options
    Tea and coke today, not sure about smoking, depends on if it warms up enough.
  • Options
    @Bonanzadriver -- Wait, you mean you'll drink pu-erh tea? You are indeed a better man than I.......
  • Options
    Motie,

Ya know, as long as it doesn't taste anything like brussel sprouts or liver, I think I'd have to give it a try.  :)

• Options
    I'm smoking one of my Frankenstein blends of orphaned tobaccos left in the bottom of nearly empty jars that I mixed together - call this particular blend NOSTROMO after the ship in the movie ALIEN. It contains a lot of sweet Sutliff blends like Vanilla Custard, Chocolate Mousse, Crème Brulee, Frosty Mint, and several of the Russ' Monthly Blends like Warm Up, Spring Break and Candy Corn. It's damn good stuff but will be impossible to replicate. So I'm enjoying what I have and hoping to make it last a while.
  • Options
    And your drink would be?????????

• Options
    @Bonanzadriver I think @ghostsofpompeii got so caught up in his details and sadness of smoking his great sounding mix that he forgot what he was going to drink.  Most likely water so he doesn't mess with the flavors!

Yesterday I had a little Scotch while smoking what ever I put in my bowl.....was interrupted so much I can't remember what the heck I smoked! I know it wasn't anything I was going to do a review on because I knew I was not going to have the time I needed to do a good review. 
    For those who do not know....We do reviews of Aromatics on our Aromatic Smokers Only thread, stop by and enjoy the reviews and add a few yourself.  

Today I am not sure what I will be drinking or smoking so I will stop back in later when I have time.
  • Options
    @Bonanzadriver You're right I did forget to mention what I was drinking. I really love my tea ... especially Earl Grey. Normally I'll get Bigelow or what-ever I see that's on sale. I drink both regular and decaffeinated depending upon the time of day. But recently I went to a large chain grocery store near me that had a display for bulk teas from a company called "Tiesta Tea". The majority of the teas were herbal ... and I hate herbal (I want my tea to taste like tea) - but they did have a few that were right up my alley. The best of the lot was something called "Victorian Earl Grey". This stuff looked and smelled amazing. Besides back tea there were a variety of multi-colored spices and even what appears to be small dried lavender flower pedals in the blend. My first thought was "This must be for sophisticated ladies who wear big floppy hats and full hoop-skirt dresses like in "Gone With The Wind". But it smelled so damn good I bought it anyway. And it's clearly the best Earl Grey tea I've ever tasted. So chances are this will probably be my beverage of choice for my evening smoke.   
  • Options
    Thanks for the info.  I'll be looking em up.

I recently received a box of Ahmad Earl Grey.  What can I say?  It was for the office, it was on Amazon and it was cheap.

Sadly, probably one of weakest Earl Grey's I've ever imbibed.

Sadder still is that I got the 100 count box.

Oh, well....

"Ninety-five bags of tea in the box
    ninety-five bags of tea..."
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii -- as a tea fan myself I recommend you look into http://www.uptontea.com/

I've ordered from them for over a decade. My favorite is TB84: Robert Fortune Blend 41 (Darjeeling-Yunnan)

• Options
    Lot of Tea talk here.  lol
    I am more of a Bourbon and Rum drinker, if I drink tea it has to be sweet tea.  Sorry guys.
    As for soft drinks, pops, soda or what ever you call them I drink Coke products. 
    As for what I am smoking and drinking today, going to be Sweet Tea through the day and Bourbon this evening.
  • Options
    My recipe for iced tea: 6 decent teabags in a quart and a half of cold water. Keep in fridge overnight. Remove teabags and enjoy. Better than "sun tea" and not cloudy.
  • Options
    News Flash!

Aggressive Ahmad Earl Grey Tea Reduction Measures Enacted.......

Ok, ok.  So I'm just doublin up the tea bags per cup.

Fella's gotta do whatta fella's gotta do.  :)