Home General
Options

Happy 4th of July to you all!!

May your favorite tongue wetter and pipe tobacco help you enjoy the 4th!!

Comments

• Options
    Same to you. Doctors still banning me from smoking but, I still drop by from time to time.
  • Options
    Happy 4th of July.! Today I honor our first president of the United States and a signer of the Declaration of Independence, Samuel Huntington.  He was from my hometown and one bad ass patriot!

Samuel Huntington - Charles Willson Pealejpg
  • Options

I want to wish everyone at the group a Happy 4th Of July, and caution them when using fireworks. It's been many years since I'd spend a good deal of money on fireworks, and create a display for the whole neighborhood. But once my kids got older I stopped buying fireworks and simply enjoyed all the commotion around me. I can go outside - provided the mosquitoes are not too bad - and look in any direction and I'm bound to see some skyrocket or aerial display lighting up the night sky. It both sounds and smells like a war zone as explosions rattle the windows and gunpowder scented clouds surround the neighborhood. It's also a good idea to secure your pets. More animals get lost on 4th Of July than any other day of the years as the explosions freak out the poor critters, sending them scurrying into the night in terror. And since the noises seem to be coming from all around they'll dart in every direction until they are so far from home they can't find their way back.

Joe The Ghosts

• Options
    WintonWinton Master
    Today, I started making some larger tampers. Then I decided to enjoy a pipe for the 4th. I choose Tuskegee Airman from C&D in a Polinski pipe. The airmen were a brave group of African American fighter pilots, that flew in WWII. The Polish have always supported the USA.

• Options
    We're in the middle of a storm with lightening and thunder booming yet the neighbors are still outside shooting off fireworks.
  • Options
    ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
    edited July 2018
    I can hear fireworks in the distance, but our community is a pretty quiet one. All I did was spend time with my mom which is great because I know that means she’s feeling well. My French Bulldog Lyla loves her, so I had one excited pup. Read a bit, made some food and now it’s time for another bowl of Cornishman.
  • Options
    As it happens I'm  sitting in my garage because it started raining here in Elmhurst IL
    just after dusk. As I sit and smoke this evenings pipe, I am contemplating the sacrifices that others have made so that I and my fellow citizens may enjoy this day  in relevant confort. To alll those  those who served you have my undying gratitude. To my fellow brothers in arms, it was my honor to serve with you. May this country remain free and may the rest of the world reflect on the gifts this nation has provided.
  • Options
    Hope everyone had a great 4th! Couldn't do much to celebrate due to a back issue, but still managed to enjoy the holiday with family.