Home Tobacco Talk
Options

Cigars anyone?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cigars on occasion. I really like Ashton VSG as well Padron cigars. Arturo Fuente is phenomenal for the price point. Olivia series G is another favorite as well.
  • Options
    @CretinDan Sending message today.  

• Options
    OK received the list and replied.

Thanks
  • Options
    qmechanicsqmechanics Apprentice
    edited July 2018
    I enjoy both pipes and cigars. My palate for cigars typically range from medium to full flavor and body smokes. I enjoy many companies offerings from LFD, Padron, Pepin, RP, Tat, Joya de Nicaragua, DE, Perdomo, Fuente , CAO, Fernandez etc.
  • Options
    KenofAhwlbyKenofAhwlby Enthusiast
    Two good friends send me cigars,  one has a four or five pack sent automatically every month,,,,those are quality cigars from Cigar International.  The other is a box of Red lion’s/.   While I certainly enjoy the variety cigars, the Red Lion’s are so much fun.....they are hand rolled, so burn quite irregular...makes for an interesting smoke,,,, and they have a great flavor.
  • Options
    Tried the "Half-Pipe" cigar after getting a coupon for it. Came individually wrapped in a mylar-foil dealie. The taste wasn't all bad, but the cigar's own wrapper came off about halfway through, and it got more annoying. Don't think I'll try that one again.
  • Options
    Durango cigars are good. Pipe tobacco cigars.  I just ordered a grab bag of ten Gurkahs.
  • Options
    For awhile a long time ago I use to smoke White Owl and Have a Tampa cigars, sort of a mini cigar. Don't smoke them any more.Usually could only handle a cigar to the half way point,then it was over. I knew some cigar smokers that told me that's the best part. I guess it wasn't for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    There used to be a line of Latakia based cigars called Spectre by AJ Fernandez. Personally I prefer cigars to taste like cigars and pipe tobacco like pipe tobacco,though I do enjoy some pipe tobaccos that incorporate cigar leaf for a condiment.
  • Options
    Hi
     Try handmade long filler quality cigars, you should notice a difference.
  • Options
    When I'm not smoking a pipe, I smoke either Perdomo, Padron, Ashton, or Fuente cigars.  My humidor contains mostly Perdomo cigars as I am a long time fan and Nick and his family are good friends. 
  • Options
    Mark me down for cigars too.  La Gloria Cubana, RoMa Craft, LFD, Fuentes, AJ Fernandez are all favorites.  I'll try just about anything which is the same attitude I have toward pipe tobacco. 
  • Options
    I enjoy a stick every once in a while. I used to be VERY active with the cigar community. Used a run a review blog/youtube with a few buddies, we called ourselves the TheHumidorks.com
  • Options
    RandyB1966RandyB1966 Enthusiast

I use to smoke cigars have not had one in a while but still have a humidor full of them. I am a huge Fuentes fan as well as anything  from the Dominican Republic.

• Options
    I do admit to have once been a frequent (for me) buyer and smoker of the Parodi style cigars.
  • Options
    Gentlemen

I guess I can be considered a Horder. In addition to an absolutely over stocked Pipe Tobaco Cellar (over 70-75 various blends, some in ounces and many in pounds), I have over 750 Quality cigars resting in multiploe air tight food quality containers with Boveda bags. The cigars are checked every couple of months to assure temperature and humidity levels are on the mark.

I used to smoke both pipes and cigars whereas now I seem to favor the flavor of my pipe tobacco. I will however pull out a good cigar now and then just to make myself happy. Being the OCD guy that I am, I have both my tobacco and my cigar "collections" on a spread sheet so I can remember what I have in my collections. In terms of cigars I have many good sticks, even more "everyday" smokes, and some sticks to give as an offering to friends who would not know the difference (not "dog rockets" but you get the point). I have actually had an offer to sell some of them to friends who are cigar smokers.

I tend to favor "Maduro" cigars and have since I started years ago. I adore the Ramon Bueso "Genesis", CAO "Anniversary Maduro", CAO "Brazilia" line, almost any Pepin Garcia's cigars, Drtew Estate "Undercrown" and the little "Nub Dub" offering. 

If my wife ever found out what I paid to Cigar.com over the years I would be living in my garage (where I could smoke my cigars and pipes) perhaps never to be heard from again. The way I got it figured, I either have enough cigars and pipe tobaccos to last me well past the age of 100, or upon my demise my wife will have a hell of a yard sale.

There is nothing quite like a really good Maduro Cigar paired with a really good Irish Whiskey or a glass of good Scotch.....that is some good living.