Home General
Options

An upcoming event

ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
edited May 2018 in General
Hey everyone...I’m only posting this because I am a couple of months away from this totally awesome event where artists, writers, illustrators and more gather to share, trade, sell and mingle among each other. I always try to support any independent artist wanting to perfect their craft.

My 7th grade English teacher thought I was an annoying student, but she liked a poem I did and had it published in the school newsletter. I put 100% of that gift into music and am thankful for Mrs. King. She’s the reason I say “Yes’m” all the time when people address me. Lol!

Anyway...go to www.siabuelita.com and check out my site please  :)

Comments

• Options
    Flyer from last year. It was my first time and I had such a blast.

• Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    @ocpunk714, I too am of the creative cloth. Both artist and musician. I get it.
  • Options
    @ocpunk714 very nice. I had a similar situation with my 7th grade English teacher. Saw her at church last Sunday. When she recognized me she gave me that stare I remember all too well. Keep up the work and creativity!
  • Options
    Most of my teachers were of the "Rain on your Parade" type. The 3 or 4 that inspired their students didn't get Tenure.
  • Options
    ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
    edited May 2018
    My English teachers always pushed me the most. I was pretty much a dum dum at everything, except writing and I constantly smoked cigarettes like a nervous wreck as a kid. Not in the boys room. Lol. We did listen to Brownsville Station though.
  • Options
    At the end of the first 9-week period during my Junior year of high school, my English teacher called me up for a meeting with her and the counselor. I thought I was in trouble but they had made the decision to move me to the advanced English class. The next two years was spent reading plays, writing essays, stories and poetry, and doing book reports. I was credited with turning in 126 book reports my senior year. I was fourth in the class. 

Guess it worked out since I spent most of my adult life as a journalist and editor. 
  • Options

I made the cut and Si Abuelita Press will have a table at this year’s Zine Fest. Still putting my pipe smoking booklet as one of the featured products. Super excited!