Home General
Options

Stand Up For Your Rights!!!

It is a sad fact that one of the best pipe tobacco blending companies Mcclelland has closed there doors and that should cause concern to the pipe tobacco smoker in the United States. The information I am going to share is based on my opinion but the facts are all over the web know your rights and your responsibility as a tobacco consumer that where living in the last generation of the fine art of pipe smoking. My name is Christopher and I am a certified tobacconist and former owner of a pipe tobacco business that could not keep up with tax increase and regulations. The first reason Mcclelland went down is the FDA, these federal control freaks who approve deathly medications and let us eat poison in the daily foods we eat our smashing the tobacco industry especially pipe tobacco with controlling every little aspect of the pipe tobacco we smoke telling the companies what they can and cannot put in the tobacco as far as flavoring etc. it is truly getting out of hand especially with what they say is safe for adults and children alike to put in there bodies it is just ridiculous that they impose these regulations that are unreal. Take some time to visit the FDA and read there dogma on tobacco it will blow your mind. Consider the FDA a iceberg that Mcclelland struck and put a big hole in there ship. Dunhill is pulling out of the United States market do to FDA regulations they either cannot or will not tolerate, talk has also been going around that they might just close shop all in all as well sad fact folks, it is true that Dunhill has done this a few times BUT will it be the last? The next reason and biggest reason why Mcclelland closed shop is because the family farms right here in the good old USA are not able to meet demand anymore for top grade Virginia's and "hey listen"!!! (That's scary real freaking scary) and that is a quote from a respected pipe and cigar shop owner I used to work for in North Idaho and helped launch my pipe tobacco business in 2008 and then I had to close down in 2012 because I could not keep up with new taxes and regulations which has only become worse and the FDA is now effecting the family owned farms that produce the Virginia tobacco we all know and love, besides the other powers that be imposing new taxes and regulations on the farmers they just cannot meet anymore. Another reason is a dying generation that is not picking up the operations of the tobacco farms anymore, the old school farmers that are passing away to old age are taking there knowledge and legacy with them. Mcclelland is awesome because they would rather close down because of the lack of Virginia tobacco grown in America then out source and get it some where else, that goes to show you how unique they were, that the quality of tobaccos was there number one concern, sad on the other hand because now it is gone. Stand up for your right to smoke, knowledge is power, understand that many tobacco farms in the United States that produce some of the best tobacco in the whole world is hurting badly and going belly up, understand that the FDA is out of control and destroying a huge part of our American heritage, its not about protecting us from harm it is about control.Take a close look at the fools that our leading this so called anti-tobacco movement and what they really represent, they do not stand for the everyday all American citizen they stand for everything that is wrong and immoral including our right to smoke tobacco and grow tobacco. Mcclelland is American history now and Dunhill is right behind them who's next? and what's next? Join the many different awesome pro tobacco groups and take a stand, do not let big government take your tobacco away, there trying to take your guns away, your constitutional rights away, your religion away its time to take a stand, sure you can read this and say "whatever" this guy is on a rant but am I??? Take a look around what's happening fellow pipe smokers??? Some of you live back east and pay insane amounts of money for tobacco not including the taxes and what about those poor farmers in the Carolina's, Kentucky and Virginia??? The best burley in the world is still grown in the United States and Perique is only a few farms away from becoming a thing of the past. Just like the Presidential Elections and the people spoke loudly about the future of America we as tobacco users can do the same for our beloved leaf we all cherish and love so much. The good news is my wife and I our buying a farm in Kentucky and will be growing tobacco so stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!! Thank you for taking the time to read this I feel strongly and very passionate about American grown tobacco and American tobacco companies especially pipe tobacco, God bless you all greatly and God bless America, support your local tobacco shops, online American vendor's and Amercian tobacco farms they need it these days and help be the generation that keeps this heritage going and not be the last because its going there fast. 
If you have anything to add speak up!!! I would love to read your comment good or bad...
                                -Christopher  2018

Comments

• Options
    CharlesCharles Master
    edited March 2018
    @contrerasblends great post!  But extremely long, meaning, you should have arranged in paragraphs which would make the reading easier.
  • Options
    Enjoy the post many good points.On the other non Tobbaco points, nobody is trying to take away guns, your religion,sorry I just don't agree.
  • Options
    mseddonmseddon Professor
    In case you're worried on the religion front, I'm a priest and pastor and the truth is no one has come for me. I have not had my right to worship taken away, no one has threatened me over my sermons (which I post on the web), since the shootings at churches the police swing by and double check on us rather frequently to make sure everything's ok, and I get asked by city and state governments to give opening invocations for legislative sessions and city council meetings. I really don't think Christian religion at least is under threat. I do worry about my Muslim brothers and sisters, but I have a good relationship with the imam of the local mosque and he says things have been fine for him and his flock. 

I also have a shotgun for skeet shooting, and no one has come for that. In fact I have seen no proposals by state or federal legislators to take away guns from lawful owners. I would respectfully suggest you can take those two worries off your list.
  • Options
    gun regulation has increased, and it is currently being looked at by the fed.  my state has limited the magazine sizes and made certain guns completely illegal, so it is definitely a concern.  with the possibility of more and more gun legislation, which, as in other countries, tends to lead to the loss of free speech.  i could see that easily leading to the loss of freedom of religion, maybe down the road, but definitely a possibility.  

@buflosab @mseddon
  • Options
    Christopher, I Love your passion.

I hope you don't mind, but I did a quick edit of your post, to make it a little easier for folks like me to read.

It is a sad fact that one of the best pipe tobacco blending companies Mcclelland has closed their doors and that should cause concern to the pipe tobacco smoker in the United States.

The information I am going to share is based on my opinion, but the facts are all over the web know your rights and your responsibility as a tobacco consumer that where living in the last generation of the fine art of pipe smoking.

My name is Christopher and I am a certified tobacconist and former owner of a pipe tobacco business that could not keep up with tax increase and regulations.

The first reason Mcclelland went down is the FDA, these federal control freaks who approve deathly medications and let us eat poison in the daily foods we eat our smashing the tobacco industry especially pipe tobacco with controlling every little aspect of the pipe tobacco we smoke telling the companies what they can and cannot put in the tobacco as far as flavoring etc.

It is truly getting out of hand especially with what they say is safe for adults and children alike to put in their bodies it is just ridiculous that they impose these regulations that are unreal. Take some time to visit the FDA and read their dogma on tobacco it will blow your mind. Consider the FDA an iceberg that Mcclelland struck and put a big hole in their ship.

Dunhill is pulling out of the United States market do to FDA regulations they either cannot or will not tolerate, talk has also been going around that they might just close shop all in all as well sad fact folks, it is true that Dunhill has done this a few times BUT will it be the last?

The next reason, and biggest reason why Mcclelland closed shop, is because the family farms right here in the good old USA are not able to meet demand anymore for top grade Virginia's and "hey listen"!!! (That's scary real freaking scary)

This a quote from a respected pipe and cigar shop owner I used to work for in North Idaho that helped launch my pipe tobacco business in 2008.  Eventually I had to close down in 2012 because I could not keep up with new taxes and regulations, which unfortunately has only become worse, and the FDA is now affecting the family owned farms that produce the Virginia tobacco we all know and love.  Not to mention the other powers that be, imposing new taxes and regulations on the farmers they just cannot meet anymore.

Another reason is a dying generation that is not picking up the operations of the tobacco farms anymore.  The old school farmers that are passing away to old age are taking their knowledge and legacy with them.

Mcclelland is awesome because they would rather close down, because of the lack of Virginia tobacco grown in America, than to outsource and get it somewhere else.  This goes to show you how unique they were. 

The quality of tobaccos was their number one concern.  This was sad on the other hand, because now it is gone.

Stand up for your right to smoke! 

Knowledge is power! 

Understanding that the many tobacco farms in the United States, producing many of the best tobaccos in the whole world, are hurting badly and going belly up.  Also understand that the FDA is out of control and destroying a huge part of our American heritage. 

It’s not about protecting us from harm, it’s about control.

Take a close look at the fools that our leading this so called anti-tobacco movement and what they really represent.  They do not stand for the everyday all American citizen, they stand for everything that is wrong and immoral, including our right to smoke tobacco and grow tobacco.

Mcclelland is American history now and Dunhill is right behind them.   Who's next?  What's next?

Join the many different awesome pro tobacco groups and take a stand.  Do not let big government take your tobacco away.  They’re trying to take your guns away, your constitutional rights away, your religion away!   

It’s time to take a stand.  Sure, you can read this and say "whatever" this guy is on a rant.”   But am I???

Take a look around at what's happening fellow pipe smokers???  Some of you live back east and pay insane amounts of money for tobacco, not including the taxes.   And what about those poor farmers in the Carolina's, Kentucky and Virginia???

The best burley in the world is still grown in the United States.  Perique is only a few farms away from becoming a thing of the past as well.

As with the Presidential Elections, where the people spoke loudly about the future of America, we as tobacco users can do the same for our beloved leaf, which we all cherish and love so much.

The good news is that my wife and I our buying a farm in Kentucky and will be growing tobacco.  So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!

Thank you for taking the time to read this.  Obviously, I feel strongly and very passionate about American grown tobacco, and the American tobacco companies, especially pipe tobacco.

God bless you all greatly and God bless America. 

Please support your local tobacco shops, online American vendor's and Amercian tobacco farms.  They need it these days.  Also, help be the generation that keeps this heritage going strong.  Don’t let it be the last, as it seems to be going there fast. 

If you have anything to add speak up!!!

I would love to read your comments,  good or bad...

-Christopher  2018

• Options
    "Dunhill is pulling out of the United States market do to FDA regulations they either cannot or will not tolerate, talk has also been going around that they might just close shop all in all as well sad fact folks, it is true that Dunhill has done this a few times BUT will it be the last?"

With all due respect, that is not true. Dunhill is not pulling out of the United States market due to the FDA regs. Dunhill is ceasing production of all it's cigar and pipe tobacco products world-wide. It has more to do with the current people in charge of Dunhill wanting to disassociate the Dunhill name from tobacco products. That, and the profit margin is not where they want it.

"The first reason Mcclelland went down is the FDA, these federal control freaks who approve deathly medications and let us eat poison in the daily foods we eat our smashing the tobacco industry especially pipe tobacco with controlling every little aspect of the pipe tobacco we smoke telling the companies what they can and cannot put in the tobacco as far as flavoring etc."

There is no doubt some truth that the FDA Deeming Regulations plays a part in the decision by the McNeils to close the doors at McClelland. But it was not the first reason and it was not the only reason they are going out of business. They have been having problems getting the quality of tobacco leaf that met their exacting standards they set for their blends. My belief is that is one of the biggest reasons for them to shut down. Where the FDA regs come into play is that they couldn't just change the recipes because of the hoops they would have to jump through. You have to realize that McClelland's has been producing pipe tobacco for 40 years and the majority of their blends were on the market before before the date set in the Deeming regs, so they were grandfathered.

As long as there is some speculation here on why they are going out of business, let me add some I've heard. Mike and Mary McNeil have been doing this for 40 years. They are tired. They are ready to retire. Maybe they don't have anyone who they feel would care and maintain their exacting standards for their products. I have talked to several tobacconist who are still in business and who talked to Mary and Mike several times since the problem with Red Virginia products were announced. They say this was a big part in their decision to close down.

Other than those two things, I pretty much agree with your opinions and sentiments.
  • Options
    mseddonmseddon Professor
    @TaylorJDutton I recently made a vow to try and better understand those I disagree with. I do agree that some states already regulate guns. But has any of them come and taken legitimately purchased guns from people who can legitimately own them (e.g. non-felons)? Can you tell me what the feds are looking at in terms of gun regulation? I see no action on the part of Congress at all besides considering the Cornyn Fix NICS Act (S. 2135), which is about improving background checks, and it hasn't yet made the floor of the Senate. Secondly, what are the countries that you feel indicate that gun regulations result in a loss of free speech and freedom of religion?
  • Options
    They will never take your guns or Tobacco away. 

However, they can regulate to the point production is too expensive and you can't afford the bullet or tobacco or they will stop producing altogether like you are seeing with tobacco. You can have all the pipes and guns you want, but they will be empty.  So, it's very possible.
  • Options
    BentbrierBentbrier Professor
    Cigar fans have an oginazation, Cigar Rights of America (CRA) of which I am a member, the CRA has helped push bills in both Federal and State legislatures to exempt hand rolled cigars from FDA regulation with some success.  Is there something similar for pipe tobacco?  I think many of the same arguments they use would fit as both cigars and pipes are very different from cigarettes and should not be lumped together.
  • Options

"Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
    Please be gentle.
  • Options
    If anyone wants to email their congressman/woman, here is a link:
    http://hrlibrary.umn.edu/peace/senate.html
  • Options
    If you don't like what the FDA is doing - and I do not - you need to get the Tobacco  Control Act of 2009 changed. Since that act passed overwhelmingly, with bipartisan support in both houses, I would suggest to you that the odds are,as my dad used to say, Slim and None,and Slim just left town. 
  • Options
    From our friends at Smokingpipes.com: A man standing up for his rights

Beasts of Birden

Monday, March 12, 2018 by Chuck Stanion

When I was a boy, I was most impressed by my grandfather's vocabulary. He worked in profanity the way great artists work in oil paints, building texture and dimension, color and contrast, culminating in exhortations of dizzying complexity and nuance that dropped birds from the sky in a condition of irreversible disorientation rendering flight impossible. You had to watch where you stepped on my grandfather's farm, because the birds were all reduced to walking; they got underfoot and were a little resentful about their situation, some of them even able to chirp their own rudimentary obscenities, though that may have been a symptom of their PTSD (Profanity Triggered Stress Disorder).

The 10 Tobys (all of Grandpa's dogs were named Toby) became adept at herding the flocks of birds that walked the fields so they wouldn't get plowed under during planting. "The last thing I need," said Grandpa, "is to plant more birds and end up having to harvest and bale them." A bale of birds is a noisy thing; no one wants a barn full of baled birds.

It was the Tobys' responsibility to keep the birds out of the way, and my grandfather trained them with tobacco. Because of my grandfather's continuous onslaught of profanity, the dogs were immune to verbal commands, so my grandfather directed them with tobacco scents using his trusty old Falcon pipe and a combination of Carter Hall and Granger.

"The key is in the layering," said my grandfather, loading his pipe with the two tobaccos. "Five minutes of Granger followed by five minutes of Carter Hall, and repeat." Granger told the Tobys to herd the birds into one area, and Carter Hall told them to move the birds into the woods. My grandfather would stand in the center of a field, smoking and orchestrating, until the field was bird-free.

While clearing the fields of birds one day, my grandfather was approached by a stranger walking across the farm. "You look like a government man," said my grandfather. "Get off my land."

"I'm from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service," said the stranger. "We've been tracking a disruption in bird migration that seems to be centered on your farm."

"Go away, or my dogs will drag you into the swamp and bury you in the mud until you're discovered in the future and displayed as an example of North American bog people." He began refilling his pipe from his emergency pouch of Prince Albert, which would tell the dogs to revert to their wolf ancestry and dispense with this threat.

"Why are all these birds walking instead of flying?"

Questioning my grandfather on his own land begat his usual response of unbridled cursing and swearing. "****ing government, always trying to **** me up the ***. **** it and all the ****ing ****ers who ****ing **** for it." The clouds turned black, the wind picked up, and a hailstorm of stunned birds started pelting him and the government man.

"Holy crap," said the stranger. "You're causing it. Let's talk."

It was an intense negotiation, with the weather alternating between gloomy and windy with a chance of birds. The Tobys circled my grandfather and the stranger, ready to pounce, but at last the sky cleared and the stranger left.

"Well," explained my grandfather afterward, "I won't be swearing outdoors any longer. Gotta keep the birds safe. But I never have to pay taxes again."

That old man could sure haggle.

• Options
    BonanzadriverBonanzadriver Master
    edited March 2018
    Nice job of being the typical snarky passive aggressive word twister there motie.

Despite the fact that I choose to use the definition of a sovereign man being one not bound by politics (read, mob rule / mentality) as the saying goes...  "It's your Lie, tell it like you want"

Typical keyboard warrior that picks out a single word, missing of course the intent of the post.  Not to mention the fact that you Chose Not to Answer any of the Points being made in the post.

So, once again we're here at the same place bud.  You nit picking one or two words and not addressing the issue.  Sort of like that Thoreau comment about...  "For every 100 hundred people beating at the leaves on the tree of Evil, there's only one or two hacking at the roots"  (or something like that).

How is it that a person, former man of the cloth, could assume such a posture?  Refusing to civilly and rationally discuss something, of which he has a differing opinion, and choosing instead to behave as an adolescent gamer hiding out in his moms basement?

No need to respond to the message here motie.  Go ahead and find fault with something else, like the fact that you mom doesn't have a basement, or some other trivial obscurity.  You know, something you and your fellow coffee shop philosophical scholars can get a real laugh out of.

All the while ignoring the elephant in the room.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited March 2018
    I put my pants on one leg at a time; just like you; just like anybody else..... and my opinions are as valid as yours.
    Also, I like how your eyes twinkle when you're angry.

• Options
    And yet again, no substantive dialogue transpires....

sigh
  • Options
    One cannot have a "substantive dialogue" with someone who is absolutely certain that he is on the side of the angels. 

• Options
    I love being villified for having an opinion.
    Just remember: You attacked me first, saying there was no room for my political opinions here, right after you had expressed your own.
    Then came more insults. Meanwhile, I've never said a negative word about you here. I've just advocated for my POV, which you feel necessary to belittle and attack.
    So, here's another of my "typical snarky passive aggressive" retorts, as you so charmingly put it (above).
    You seem to enjoy them. Hard to believe that a stalwart such as yourself gets so upset and defensive by a snowflake like me.

• Options
    BonanzadriverBonanzadriver Master
    edited March 2018
    Hilarious. 

Funny how calling you out gets turned into me being upset!?!?!?

Earth to motie.

This is just an online pipe forum.

Not your private fiefdom.

There is nothing you can do or say here that matters one iota.  But this still doesn't mean that you can blather on and think everything you say is the Gospel.  (pun intended)

Get over yourself.

And to be clear here cupcake, I never attacked you.  Just turned on the light and handed you a mirror.  I even apologized for my error in somehow thinking that political discussions were not permitted here.  But I guess you're too small of a man to accept a public apology huh?
    (again...  sigh)

One last question though, in regards to the last picture you posted....

Do you really think it humorous or somehow ok to use our own military against us?  Really?

And you wonder why folks get worked up when folks like you, or any other liberal group calls for "Reasonable Gun Control".!?!?
  • Options
    Yes, it is. It's like watching a survivalist slip on a banana peel.
    You take up the gun against the US military, you lose. See ya......
    And I absolutely agree that "Folks like you get all worked up when folks like me, or any other liberal group calls for 'Reasonable Gun Control.'"
    (It may have something to do with a rejection of reason.   But I digress.)
    Admittedly, I love this part: "Just turned on the light and handed you a mirror."     
    Stunning imagery!!! Really made me stop and take stock!!!!

Meanwhile, when did my type stop being snowflakes? Now we're cupcakes?
    Can I be a yellow cake one with dark chocolate frosting? <giggle>
    But this is boring. I'm tired of this game. You're no fun at all.

• Options
    You're absolutely right Motie.

I was completely wrong....  About Everything!

• Options
    @mseddon i had to scroll a while to find your comment haha.  i appreciate your mental approach, i too want to have the same posture.  Last i knew it was on the table to take away all ar-15 rifles, since then its looking more like tighter background checks/illegalization of bump stocks (which i honestly think is hilarious since they're useless compared to a normal rifle, kind of a red herring in my view, they make for a very inaccurate firearm/shooter) 

where i am referencing in free speech would be places such as canada, they havent lost it completely, but they have lost some of their rights.  I know this doesnt absolutely guarantee that we would soon lose our free speech, but it would seem to me that that would be a next step.  

I see what youre saying as far as them not taking any of my purchased guns, but in my point of view, the constitution merely acknowledges our god given right to bear arms, to protect ourselves and our families from any threat foreign or domestic, so the fact that my state does'nt allow me to buy a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, and has completely removed the ability to own a functioning ar-15 is disappointing.  it has strayed so far already, so more limitation is concerning to me.  

i don't want to oversell my zeal in this area though, while i am passionate about our right to bear arms, my ultimate hope is in Christ, this is easy for me to forget in these discussions.  But it is true, whether my government completely disarms me, or not, Jesus is king.  I will do whatever i can to protect my right to bear arms, but at the end of the day, following Jesus, and loving my neighbor are more important.  I do believe that part of loving my neighbor is having the ability to protect them if the time comes, but even in that God is sovereign over all.  

I know some people on this forum are christians, and some are not. I do not mean to force my thoughts on anyone, i just want to explain why i think the way that i do.  I believe there are people on both sides of the gun debate that passionately love people, and desire their safety.  I just believe disarming the people, as slow or quickly as it may happen, is the wrong decision.  between 500,00 to 3,000,000 people are saved/protected because of legal firearms owners/CCW holders each year according to the cdc.   that is significant to me, so i would love to see our rights as law abiding citizens returned to us (to be better worded, re-acknowledged), not stripped away.   

Id love to hear your thoughts in return @mseddon , or anyone else that is open to good discussion

• Options
    @mseddon I want to slightly amend my comment, so that i myself am not guilty of what frustrates me so much in this debate. 

Bump stocks are not useless, i used the wrong word there.  they just make for a more inaccurate weapon, and in most situations you would be better off without one (if your desire is to shoot accurately).  
    one was used in the las vegas shooting, and it may (as sad and evil as this is) have given him an advantage.  

I dont believe, however, that this provides a reason to make a bump stock illegal.  evil people will do evil things, and he could have done nearly as much damage without a bump stock.  and if people who desire to do such evil are capable of getting illegal firearms, i sure want to maintain my rights to be armed in the best way possible to protect the innocent around me.  

• Options
    The 2nd Amendment, to anyone with an open mind, is about the need to maintain an organized militia - i.e., the National Guard. Only gun fetishists think otherwise.
  • Options
    Does anyone know what LIMPEH means as used above? All I can find is <<English. Alternative forms. lim peh. Etymology. Special use of Hokkien 你爸 (líⁿ pē, “your father”), from 你 (líⁿ, “your”) + 爸 (pē, “father”). Pronunciation. (Singapore) IPA: /ˈlɪmpeɪ/. Pronoun. limpeh. (Singapore, informal, impolite) A reference to oneself in the third person.....>>?

First handful of Asian feces I've ever had flung my way.....
    And what an over reaction!!!! <giggle>
  • Options
    Can always count on you to offer up your party's soundbites on the matter...  Typical liberal obfuscation on the subject jud.

Such an argument reveals an absolute willingness to ignore history and the 100's of millions of people, once disarmed, that were executed, murdered, disappeared by their governments, simply for having differing political ideologies.

I for one, having served our country, traveled the globe, and experiencing first hand the sh!t holes that exemplify the life we can expect once we start relinquishing our liberties and freedoms in hopes of what is nothing more than a false hope of security, will not submit to the frantic shrill voiced demands of you and your fellow koolaid drinkers.

Jud, why do you and others here, why do you persist in this position, clearly in violation of a God Given Right, Acknowledged by our Constitution?

Is it to save all the children?  Despite the fact that making our schools a "Gun Free Zone" has done nothing but increase the possibilities of such a thing exponentially.

If you really want to save children, I mean if it's a numbers thing, why not ban abortion?

After all, here in the U.S. alone we've already murdered over 185,000 innocent children this year!  Yes, this year.

As a matter o fact Jud, since it's inception, Planned Parenthood has murdered over 8,000,000 innocent unborn babies!

In the U.S. alone, since Roe v Wade in 1973, over 60,000,000 (That's Sixty Million Innocent Blameless Helpless Murdered Babies).

Of course you'll argue that a woman has a right to do with her body whatever she wants, blah, blah, blah, whatever you have to tell yourself to sleep at night.

Oh, I know, ;maybe it's to keep You safe from those of us with, what did you call it?  Oh, right....  A gun Fetish.

Problem is Jud, statistically your chances of being killed by a law abiding, concealed carrying gun owner, like myself, is ZERO. 

Unless you're doing something like, oh, I don't know....

Trying to rape my wife or children.     You're not a rapist are you Jud?  Nah, prolly not.  Nothing to worry about then bud

Trying to break into my house.       You're not a burglar are you Jud?  Hah, didn't think so.  Again nothing to worry about.

Trying to rob me or others @ the end of a weapon.       You're not a dumbass armed robber are you Jud?   No?  Well then, nothing to worry bout.

Decide that your are disgruntled and that you're gonna make people pay, decide to arm-up and then go on a cowardly murdering spree.   You're not a delusional cowardly wuss job are you Jud?    No?  That's good to hear.  Well then padnuh, again, you got nothing to worry about.

I know, I know, all of the above scenarios are ridiculous right?

Yeah, I know right?  Almost as ridiculous as  thinking that sane, law abiding individuals with no criminal history, are somehow a threat to you or your children or society.

As ridiculous as ignoring the connection between mental health problems, pharmaceutical side affects, cumbersome and ineffective  bureaucracy in doing anything about such individuals (over 39 calls to police and the fbi on the nut job that killed the kids in FL)

Jud, if your motives are about saving lives, why aren't you here talking about the ravages of heart disease?  After all it kills over 600,000 people a year.
    Or diabetes?  It kills almost 100,000 a year.

But we all know the truth don't we Jud?  It's not about that at all.  It's about YOU either feeling safe, or is it some sort of weak and shameful jealousy that wants to keep others from having or doing something that bristles your liberal sensibilities?

• Options
    Over react much?
  • Options
    I beg of ye, cardinal motie, a thousand pardons.

Please do share more of your unbiased imperious feelings.

As to your haughty rhetoric...

Stating facts and asking legitimate questions, over reacting?  I guess in your echo chamber they are.

So, rev, where do you stand on the whole abortion issue?  I'm really curious!