Home General
Options

Grandmas Blend

Just ordered 3 ounces of Vanilla Custard,2 ounces of Chocolate Mousse,and 1 ounce of Creme Brûlée.So my question is do I mix them altogether or layer or something else? Thank you for ant response.

Comments

• Options
    @buflosab No ... No... it's not Grandma's blend ... it's Mrs. Hudson's 221B Bakery Blend. Grandma's blend has that funny smelling weed that you can only buy in certain states. Simply mix them up. Give it a really nice mix to insure it's all blended together. I'd set a little of each blend aside so you can smoke them individually as well. All three are excellent - but they seem to come alive when mixed together. 
  • Options
    You are absolutely correct,What was I thinking? Is their any such animal as Grandmas blend? At any rate thank you for replying,Will definitely follow your expert advise.
  • Options
    Grandmas Blend? Oh! You mean most Lakeland blends.  
  • Options
    OK, I'll try to post this with my iPad

Mrs. Hudson’s is made from Sutliff bulk tobaccos, sold by the ounce, and blended together as follows: 

Three parts (or 3 oz.) Sutliff Vanilla Custard

Two parts (or 2 oz.) Sutliff Chocolate Mousse

One part (or 1 oz.) Sutliff Crème Brulee

Some folks prefer to substitute one part (or 1 oz.) Sutliff Private Stock Molto Dolce (tin) for the very similar Creme Brûlée.

Historical note: The original recipe called for “….a pinch or two of Sutliff Irish Creme,” but it can be omitted without harming the blend.

• Options
    @PappyJoe -- You are right on target. Lakeland blends smell of rosewater, violets, and grandmothers......
  • Options
    Pappy I'm not sure what I meant,was having a time finding the mixture motie had sent to me when I posted Granmas blend,sort of pulled that one out of the hat or somewhere else.Think I've got it straight now.Thanks for setting me straight.To motie,your post came thru perfectly using your iPad.
  • Options
    @ghostsofpompeii I just mixed some of this up and smoked a bowl.  Wow, this is awesome, thanks for sharing your creation! Smooth, easy to smoke with a great taste and room note. The wife loved the aroma and said I could smoke this blend inside. Now I won't freeze this winter  trying to enjoy my pipe, thanks!
  • Options
    Can I change the title of this headline? Every time I see Grandmas Blend I cringe.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited November 2017
    @loammi -- Now, if only SWMBO was like your Lady....  I can only smoke out-of-doors and it's getting cold..... Even the chiminea on the rear deck seems inadequate: front side warm/backside cold.

[From iPad]
  • Options
    @loammi Glad you liked it. It's the only experiment I made that I'm willing to share because everything else is either half-assed or I did so much tinkering with it to get it right I have no idea how to duplicate it. Those blends would be my Root Beer Float and Dreamsickle. Both turned out excellent - but I couldn't replicate the blend to save my life. So I use the little I have sparingly.
  • Options
    Montie2, if you are smoking hot and heavy, just to maintain feeling in your fingers, you are something wrong! Don't ask how I know this. 

I live in Chicagoland and it was sundown when my Thanksgiving guests finally went home. The temp was falling quickly.