Home General

Life

How is everyone?
How is your life?
Do you feel satisfied?
What would make your life better?
What has been the down side of your life?
What was the best thing to happen in your life so far?

Comments

• drac2485drac2485 Professor
    Crappy, Crappy, NOPE, a new job with a reasonable and rationable boss HAHAHAHA like that will happen... and getting paid a decent salary, No time to stop and smell the pipe... between work and year round school it doesn't leave much time to recharge, I started going back to college to get my bachelors degree so I can do something about the previous stuff.
  • I am doing good, lifes going good could be better but then again could be worse. Work is good I got a great shift 5:30 in the am till about 2:30 or 3:30 in the afternoon so it leaves me plenty of time to work in the yard and make sure the pear trees and pecan trees don't get infested. Have to enjoy it while I can in the winter work seems to pick up then it's back to 12 hr days and weekends. So all in all I can't complain and besides would it really make a differance if I did. 
  • I advise people to not live a life filled with regrets. I hear people say "If only..." and I ask them, if you could go back and change one thing in your life, what would you give up that you currently have? For example, I have been married for 41 years to the same woman, we have 4 children and 7 grandkids with another grandchild on the way. I survived 21 years in the military, was the editor of a hunting and fishing magazine for 10 years and am currently self employed and work less than 40 hours a week.

If I went back and changed anything, I may not have what I do now. 

I will take what I have now. Life isn't perfect and no one every told me that it would be easy, so I'm happy with what I have.
  • Agreed @PappyJoe! What are we if not a culmination of choices. There is no point in worrying about what is done. Furthermore, constantly thinking of the future and how good things will be distracts us from the good things happening in the present. Best it is, to enjoy the blessings around us now than to suffer for the blessings that might be.
  • AnthonyAnthony Apprentice

I'm with Pappy, the few things I mite change would probably ruin the other great things. It's not the what, or the how, it's the who, the only thing I wish I could do is go back and have some more conversations with, my  Dad and Uncle's who are now gone, ask some of the questions I didn't ask, also my Grand parents, so many stories, and histories I should have written down. If your not happy with your life your the only one who can change it.. The older I get the more I realize My Capra had it right It is a wonderful life.

• Love that advice @pappyjoe. You never know what may happen unless you go out on a limb and try something new. 
  • I'm a self-professed optimist. Life is very good.
    I have been married since 1991 and I'm the dad of 8. Our two oldest sons are getting married this year, so we are pleased to add two more daughters to our family.
    I am content and blessed and thankful for the life God has given me to live. I love my job and love serving my family.

• drac2485drac2485 Professor
    Like @pappyjoe I wouldn't change anything in my past.  I've had too much crap happen that has made me into the person I am today and I wouldn't change that.  However, I can always change the path that I am going and my future.  I will mold that into the path I want or as close to it as I can go.
  • My life is good, I wish I had a better paying job but I'm looking , I have a college degree, I work nights , it's okay , it has its good and bad points , I have a wonderful woman who completes me, I have an active lifestyle and great friends and family.
  • Can't complain. It's still hard to adjusting to being a widower (2 years now) after 40 years of marriage, but I go with it.
  • Life is good. I was just promoted, currently building my dream house on 3acres of land, My three young kids doing great, I was just elected as an elder/deacon in my church, Married to the woman of my dreams (who homeschools my three kids) and loves me regardless of my flaws.  Is there more that I aspire too? Sure but I do my best to enjoy the journey, and try not to rush for the finish line.

@judandhispipe I am sorry for your loss and offer my condolences. 

• Well Life sucks, I had a very hard childhood, then college was just about as bad, then tech. School was OK but it led to no where but losing my soul mate in a car wreck, then off to working for nothing and working my body into submission, left them jobs and went into military just to have my body give out and end up with medical discharge, went back to Tech. School after my body healed a little just to have them screw me over and steal money and kill my credit score, then worked at jobs that teenagers with no experience were my bosses, then lost tons of family members, then ended up disabled and not able to work yet Social Security Disability did not want to give me disability even though the judges all admitted I was disabled, had a daughter that sent me into deep depression and suicide, still was fighting disability, still fighting it to this day, Doctors say I am disabled, I have so called friends that have disability that don't have half the health issues I do and they even work, still no disability, no wife, no home of my own, and everyday I fight to get out of bed and everyday I am in pain....SO I think I can say life SUCKS.  Just keep praying either it will get better or God will let me join my family and friends that are no longer down here. 

Sorry guys but not everything in life is good and not everything is a lesson that turns out better for you. 

• @Darmon - Similar paths man. 
    @PappyJoe - wise words.
    @Judandhispipe - I just hit the 25yr mark this summer. Sorry for your loss.
    @Wolf41035 - Man. I'm sorry for what you've gone through. Your story is so similar to many that I am friends with right now in real life. Work, finances, family, friendships, health...it seems like many I know are struggling with tough situations. I'm sorry for blowing through like a bright ray of sunshine - it's just my nature man! I'm the kid that found the pile of horsesh*t and knew there was a pony to be found nearby. :) I get that this is "just a pipe smoker's forum" (yeah, right), but I look at it as extended community and I want you to know that I'll be praying for you. Deep peace man!
  • How is everyone? :ME? I am tired
    How is your life? Family is great, 3 year old getting big, talking too much ! 3 month old finally sleeping the night through.
    Do you feel satisfied? I have a family, a roof over our heads, and a decently well paying job. only a greedy man could ask for more.
    What would make your life better? More drivers, so my weekend dispatcher didnt have to run night shift, and therefore I would not have to work 7 days a week.
    What has been the down side of your life? That regardless of how much money I make, i can not buy more TIME.
    What was the best thing to happen in your life so far?  My wife, my son, and my daughter. Collectively my family makes me a better man. Everything I work for is for them.
  • How is everyone?  good.
    How is your life? excellent.
    Do you feel satisfied? For the most part.
    What would make your life better?  Making more money.
    What has been the down side of your life? Debts
    What was the best thing to happen in your life so far? Wife. House. Dogs. 
  • @Mangoandy Don't be sorry, I am glad to hear so many good stories, that is kind of why I posted this topic, I was and am looking for the light at the end of this dark tunnel I am in, if people are doing good and having a good life then eventually I have to have some kind of good to happen, maybe getting my social security disability, maybe a good woman or something else, I know now there has to be hope...  I can't say all my life was bad, once I had a decent job and had some money, once I had a woman that gave me a daughter and once I was able to do things I wanted, not everything but some things. 
    I have good and bad days just the bad are bad and the good are few and far and not that good.  I guess I can say at times I am strong because I am not sure to many people could take what I have been through and what I am still going through, I am sure a lot of people would have either ended their life or tried to end others out of anger, I am not like that, I like having strong friends, I like helping people that are down at times that it could be a lot worse and then I tell them about my life and most of them feel a lot better.  Maybe I helped someone with this post and comments, maybe they thought they had it bad and then saw my post and felt a little better.
    Maybe that is my purpose??

• Life can suck but everyone can learn some kind of lesson. 
  • Today is better, got some new pipe smoke and some new cigars to clear my mind.
  • Depressed, I realized not one of my friends really know the real me....
  • Well life is good stressful but good. My wife finishes her masters deg in two weeks. We are trying to buy our first house (that's where the stress is coming from). God has always provided for us so I know he will this time. Of and the bad part I turn 40 on the 27th. Ugh I feel old
  • Life has been tough this year. I lost my job at the end of February due to company wide layoffs, and was let go just by being in a vulnerable position. A week later my grandmother passed away from cancer, which led to some ugly family drama.

Yet, it hasn't been all that bad. My wife still has her job, and we were able to get by on one check. I've finally been hired by another company, so things have been turning around.
  • @thebadgerpiper Sorry for your loss, I understand how rough it is. Sound like things are turning around for you so keep your head up high and keep on pushing.

• Well the past couple weeks have been hard for me, to many things going on, I wish I could get some positive things going on and break this bad luck!
    Two and a half weeks ago, my father (78) bought a BMW motorbike, I had more Doctor Appointments to see what else we could do to improve my health, two weeks ago my health kept declining and my father wrecked his motorbike and broke four back ribs, last week I had Stress test and Echo-cardiogram because I was having pains in arms, chest and jaw plus I had shortness of breath and my memory is getting bad, father is not able to do anything so I am having to try to do farm work (I am disabled) and it has been killing me to the point of doing a couple things for less than 30 minutes and resting for 4 hours and repeating.
    This week and weekend coming, Dad is still down and will be down for weeks to come, I got results back and have 50-55% blockage and still have to do my best to keep the farm going with very little help and on top of that my garage is being built this week and next and I have to try to help because I can't afford to pay much labor, cant have builders come in and build it.....friends and family helping.....SO, I would really like to take a long break and smoke a good bowl of Aromatic Tobacco and HOPE that my luck changes!
    Before anyone make a comment of me getting a new garage, fact is my old one was destroyed by tornado/straight line winds and two cars and a truck were damaged!  Weather people and locals say small tornado and Insurance says Straight line winds......but that doesn't matter, fact is I have had bad luck for past 10 years and need it to change for the better. 
    Where is Good Karma hiding?  I have always done my best to help others and be the best person I can be, I have given money and food when I couldn't afford it or didn't have enough food for myself........GOD? KARMA? Where and When do I have a change for the better?? 
    Starting to think only bad people have good luck!

Some of you know who you are..... 

• @Wolf41035 I agree life kinda sucks, my wife wife has had 5 strokes and like you I am in constant pain have a long list of health problems and despite having several doctors say that i am disabled and judges agreeing they didn't want to give me disability ether, I kept fighting them and after a long fight i FINELY got it, SO don't give up it. I wish you the best of luck.
    @thebadgerpiper Sorry for your loss and i am glad things are turning around for you.
    @judandhispipe Sorry for your loss
  • Thanks,@darkangel. I'm still here,and not complaining.
  • My thoughts are with all of you brothers of the briar, hang in there.
  • The important thing is to focus on the positive things. I am blessed with three wonderful daughters, 3 good sons-in-law, and a wonderful little grandson,with another grandbaby on the way. I have a decent house to live in,food, tobacco for my pipes. I can't complain.