Home Pipes & Tools
Options

Anyone smoking Brebbia pipes?

I've never had a Brebbia pipe, but I've looked at plenty. They seem to have some unique styles and the prices are reasonable. I saw an estate pipe that is in one of the styles I like and it was very reasonable. It also appears to be a rather special quality. Looks to be an older pipe as it doesn't have a 9mm filter, and the grading is not one in use now.  Stamped Brebbia, E. Buzzi Design, Hand Made in Italy, Pura, and two stars. I found that pura means the briar is flawless, and the two star grading is one of their highest. Can't find much out about these higher end pipes, although the style is in current production. Odd little bugger, kind of an Oom Paul of sorts. 

So do any of you smoke a Brebbia and what do you think of them?

Comments

• Options
         I have several Brebbia pipes, most are Pura’s and I also have a 2 Star.  I have (5) of the series of (6) Smooth PURA in the Jubilee Limited Edition collection-‘1992’-SAX (Horn), (2) ‘1993’ RHOD [Rhodesian-one is the (2)Star], ‘1994’ Sharp (Paneled Horn), ‘1995’ Harmony (Bent Dublin), ‘1997’ CALABASH (Calabash), I am missing the silver cap saddle stem billiard the ‘1996’ DILETTA.  
         I also have (2) First Calabash, a Triade, and a Go-Go, which happens to be one of my favorite and best smoking pipes...laugh if you want to, but I love it.
         I also have two of the older “Luciano” High Grade Brebbia’s.  One is an (x) grade and the other is a Lane Limited Edition 1989 Anniversary (xx) grade 88/100 (it has been over-reamed a bit☹️-not by me).
         I like all of mine, some have 9mm drilling, some not.  They all smoke well for me........especially that little Go-Go “traveling pipe” 🙂
  • Options
    Rocky, you probably have more high end Brebbias than anyone I've heard of so far! Wow, sounds like some really nice pipes! Would like to see some pics of these, especially the Go-Go. 
  • Options
    I will gather them up...funny thing is the Go-Go is an inexpensive pocket pipe, nothing special....except that it’s really handy to pack, cap and store in a jacket pocket for when I’m out and about.  I have several other brands of “pocket pipes”, but the Go-Go is the best all around.
  • Options
    I have just one, a Golden Extra,  Fairly sure its on their mid to lower end, it's  a bent apple shape, nothing special but it smokes quite well.
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited February 2019
    @RockyMountainBriar

Is this a Go-Go as you describe?

I've always preferred a vest pocket pipe for a short smoke....

• Options
    Yea, The Go-Go is close to that one.  I have a Savinelli Roly/Rolex pocket pipe as well. I have and old LHS with a built in swivel windscreen/tobacco lid that looks similar, that I like a bit better.  It works and smokes well also.  I have a few of the Savinelli Lollo and a Big Ben Ranger and Pipo. The stems are tougher to clench on the Big Ben’s and Savinelli Lollo’s.
  • Options
    Hello, I also have a "Brebbia Buzzi Selected." However it does not have any stars, no logo design and it does not have "Made in ____ on it. However I purchased it from Italy a few weeks back, it is the exact same pipe indicated above. I have not smoked it as of this date and time. Information sharing, Any thoughts? I still have time to return, :-). Thanks, KABUL07
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @rumrum4me
    Here are all the Brebbia pipes I currently have.  I sold one of the “First Calabash” pipes that I had (like the one on the Black sock/bag).  I won an EBay auction “by accident”, so I sold one of them.  I have been thinking of selling the Duplicate ‘1993’ PURA Rhodesian (bottom left corner) which I also won an extra “by accident”.  I only have the original box/socks for three of the series🙁.  The pipes on the light tan socks/bags and the two Rhodesians in the bottom left are all of the Brebbia Jubilee Limited Edition except I am missing one (the silver cap billiard).  The Canadian on the lower right is the Lane Limited Anniversary Edition #88/100.
  • Options
    @motie2
    As you can see in the pic, the GoGo I have has a wide saddle stem.  It is much easier to smoke for me.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @motie2
    Here are a few of my pocket pipes.  I like the GO-GO because the stem is wider than the others.  The short stem Savinelli Lollo is definitely not a “clencher”, not much stem to hold onto.  I love my “modified” Yello-Bole Zulu too.

Clockwise from bottom left.

Weber “Short Snorter”
    WDC “Milano”
    ”The Hampton”
    Big Ben “Pipo”
    Big Ben “Ranger”
    Brebbia “GO-GO”
    Savinelli “Rolex”
    LHS “Compact” (another great ”traveling” pocket pipe-the wind screen keeps unlit tobacco in it’s place)
    A “POCKETFIT”
    Savinelli “Lollo” (with a replacement stem, by me)
    Savinelli “Lollo” (not sure if stem is original?)
    Savinelli “Lollo” (with original stem)
    Yello-Bole “Imperial” (new stem w/inlaid brass logo, bowl rim chamfered, re-stained and refurbished by me).  It is one of my favorite smokers.
  • Options
    @rockymountainesquire

I'll say it again: Awesome!
  • Options

@RockyMountainBriar My motto still stands... So many pipes, so little time... :)  Awesome collection of BOTH Brebbia and Pocket pipes... Thanks for sharing.

• Options
    @motie2
    Hmm, I assume the response was to RockyMountainBriar.....not RockyMountainSquire?  🤔
  • Options
    It’s amazing how many pipes a person may aqquire when they really enjoy bringing forgotten/neglected pieces of history back from the brink.  I really need to start unloading some again.  I have a tough time letting go of my refurbished pipes.  I don’t think I could become a pipe maker for money, I wouldn’t want to see them “leave the nest”.  Kudo’s to all those pipemakers that do (@corey562 and others) without them we wouldn’t have all these great smoking instruments.

@motie2
    I admit I had to do a doubletake, I missed it the first time myself😬
  • Options
    @motie2 The only way I know to never make a mistake is to not do anything... But then, can doing nothing be a mistake?... Man, I feel so existential...  :|
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    @KA9FFJ
    Quite the conundrum.
  • Options
    Well Rocky, you indeed have a great Brebbia collection! Thanks for posting the pics. I'm not familiar with much about a lot of the Brebbia higher end pipes, but they look to be wonderful shapes and of great quality. Have you smoked any or all of them? 

I have found that the one I have is a great smoking pipe and I find it hard to put down for a rest. It's turning out to be one of my favorite pipes! Nary a gurgle and no other problems. 
  • Options
    @KA9FFJ - Reminds me of a sign I put on my desk one time and was immediately told to take it down.

"If you can do nothing right, then do nothing and be right all the time."
  • Options
    @Pappyjoe -- I had a colleague with a similar experience: When working with troubled teens, he had a desk sign that read, "Thank you for not projectile vomiting." The powers that were did not find it amusing. 

• Options
    @rumrum4me
    I have smoked most of the Brebbias, they all smoke well for me.  I always seem to come back to the Go-Go though, it travels well and is just my size for most outings🙂. Great fishing pipe.
  • Options
    The storekeepers in my second ship had a sign in the Supply Office which declared, "The Hurryder I Go, the Behinder I Get"
  • Options

The only Brebbia in my collection is a beautiful Calabash.

• Options
    I have 3 Brebia Lido pipes from the mid 1970's that I smoke as part of my rotation. They were made to look like and compete against the older style Caminettos. Excellent smoking pipes. ery light weight.
    Originally sold exclusively by The Tinder Box stores.
  • Options
    I might add that the Brebia Lido has a brass or aluminum "B" fitted into the stem piece and the commonly known rhombus stamp is not.
  • Options
    I had a Brebbia Billiard that I gave to an old friend from out of state. I always see him at the St. Louis Pipe Show where we first met and became good friends... It was a good smoking pipe and so I refurbished it and presented it to him last year after finding out he was very partial to Brebbia pipes...
  • Options
    Wow, thanks so much for the feedback and communication concerning "Brebbia" pipes. The very first "Brebbia" pipe shown on the top of the photos is very expensive from what I reviewed. How does it smoke ?