Home General

Where did they go?

2»

Comments

• @mhajec, @vtgrad2003, @PappyJoe;
    What you all say is true. There are good folks, bad folks and in between folks in every walk of life. My original point was that pipe smokers can be trusted. Hefner and Stalin aside how many pipe smokers have you known in your personal life that were bad folk? In my life, I can't name a single one. 
  • @opipeman
    Why the animosity towards Hugh Hefner? What am I missing?
  • @PappyJoe;
    A couple of months ago, one of the Direct TV Channels did a 6 week expos'e program on The Playboy Empire as well as Hefner. They interviewed former playmates, centerfolds, and employees of Hefner. They outlined sexual abuse, to young girls that were promised careers in movies or modeling and drugs were used to rape many of them. Many of them involved were celebrities and friends of Hefner's. Jim Brown (former NFL Star) sent one young girl to the hospital after he beat her at the mansion. There were many more big name stars including Bill Cosby, Sammy Davis Jr., Mel Torme, O.J. Simpson and others that were protected my Hefner bodyguards and attorneys. Linda Lovelace was drugged and forced to have sex with a dog. All of the abuse was video taped and used to make sure none of the victims ever revealed how they were treated. That is just a sample of what went on at the mansion and at playboy clubs across the country. The man was the most evil person on the face of the earth. It left me sick at the stomach. The Hefner family now claims no affiliation with Playboy Enterprises. 
  • @opipeman
    I understand where you are coming from now. Thanks.
    I will disagree with the "man was the most evil person on the face of the earth." part of your statement though. There have been many others who have earned that epithet.
  • @opipeman
    Thanks. I will.

It will be interesting reading a report condemning Hugh Hefner from a church dedicated to vilifying the victims of all the pedophile catholic priests. The Catholic church itself should pay more attention to the proverb about throwing stones at glass houses. Historically, the Catholic church has committed many acts that would cause them to be included in a list of evil organization - the sexual proclivities of popes, the wanton torture and murder of those who failed to live up to church standards (Spanish Inquisition), the brutality and murder of indigenous tribes - that's just to mention a few. I forgot to mention how the Catholic Church was responsible for starting and financing the "Holy" crusades and all the murders committed by crusaders. 

I was raised in the Catholic faith, by the way. 
  • mhajecmhajec Enthusiast
    I think I understand where you're coming from @opipeman with the whole trust thing. I will have to disagree with you on the conclusion however. Maybe I'm not a person willing to trust another strictly because of a hobby or lifestyle. Maybe I'm an a**hole. Maybe I don't know even what the f**k I'm talking about (that one is probably the most likely). You be you, other's opinions be damned, you magnificent, Hefner hating, overly trusting bastard.
  • Londy3Londy3 Master
    @PappyJoe
    I get what you're saying. However, there are real Americans that still actually give a damn and are being sincere when they approach a stranger who has served their country. There is nothing wrong offering gratitude and being thankful for our fellow citizens and the respect should go both ways. 
  • Having been interrupted my the site's server problem, I'm a little behind in our discussion on trust. Please understand, I don't trust anybody until I get to know them and sometimes not even then. I will however stick to my belief, which is based on my experience of some 78 years, that as a whole pipe smokers are trustworthy. As with anything there may be exceptions, but that is my story and I'm sticking with it.