Home General

The Annual TPL Secret Santa Sign Up Thread- Sign Up Closed

edited December 2019 in General
Halloween has come and gone, and while we're still a few weeks away from Thanksgiving, I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and kick off the Annual Secret Santa event. 

For those unfamiliar with the Secret Santa event, every year around Christmas, those who participate in the event are sent a name of another participating member through Elfster. Using that member's elfster wishlist as a guide, we mail out a surprise gift (or gifts) to our chosen recipient. Usually this is pipe tobacco or pipe related gifts, though it doesn't have to be limited to that. However, I recommend sticking to a person's wishlist, just to make sure there's no hard feelings. 

I'm using this thread to first gauge interest in doing another Secret Santa. Once we get five more people to sign up, I'll set up the Elfster event for the forum. If you sign up, be sure to also sign up on Elfster, or it won't count. And if you do sign up, please keep an eye on this thread and all announcements, just so you stay up to date. 

Once the Elfster event has been set up and you sign up, please add items to your wishlist (or update it if you have one going from last year). I'm keeping the spending limit again at $30, but you're free to go above that if you're feeling generous (just remember everyone is going in at $30). 

Once we reach Monday, December 16th, sign ups will be closed, and names will be sent to everyone. This should allow everyone enough time to make their purchases and send their gifts in time for Christmas. If your gift doesn't make it out by Christmas, it's not a big deal, but try to make sure it arrives around then. 

I'm starting the sign up with my name. The event isn't limited to six people, and I'd be happy to see a large number of participants; however, if things are tough for you and you can't participate, don't feel bad. There's no obligation to join, as this is just for fun. 

1. TheBadgerPiper

Feel free to post any thoughts, concerns, or ideas for the Secret Santa here, or DM me if you wish. 

Comments