Home General
Options

If Size Matters - Reconsider Your Baraccini Pocket Pipe Purchase

I have a variety of pipes I can easily fit in my shirt pocket along with my tobacco pouch without creating an unsightly bulge. To my way of thinking these are my go to 'pocket pipes'. So when I ordered a Baraccini Pocket Pipe I was taken aback by just how small it actually was. And some of you may feel the same way I do. So I thought I'd give you a little heads up in a photo comparison in the event you may be considering purchasing one for yourself in the near future. Now granted it is a small pipe, but if the size meets your particular needs and strikes your fancy, let me assure you it smokes wonderfully. It's far from a toy pipe. And depending upon your puffing habits this can stretch out to be a fifteen minute smoke. As for the price, compared to the other Baraccini budget line pipes I'd prefer to spend a few dollars more for something a little larger. The 4 1/2" Pocket Pipe retails for $50.00 - but they are presently on sale at P&C for $35.99. For comparison a more conventionally size 6" Baraccini Natural Apple Rustic is going for $44.99. Not much of a price jump for a larger pipe that probably fits just as easily into a normal sized shirt pocket.

When I got my Pocket Pipe it was much more affordable ... it can free with the purchase of any other Baraccini pipe. So I have no quibbles. But I seriously doubt that I would have spent the retail price on this particular pipe. Below is a photo comparing the size of the Baraccini Pocket Pipe to more conventional sized pipes. Several are older inexpensive Dr. Grabows which have served me well.

1.) Baraccini Pocket Pipe ...  2.) Carey Magic Inch ...3.) Dr. Grabow Golden Duke ...4.) Dr. Grabow Silver Duke Restic ... 5.) Dr. Grabow Sliver Duke Smooth ... 6.) Dr. Grabow Starfire ... 7.) Vintage Custombilt

Comments