Home General

What are you Drinking while smoking your pipe today?

Comments

• Water, Water and More water....Had some Powerade Zero but not much.
    Past few days I have not had time to even think so today I will sit on porch and relax with a couple Cigars and a couple pipes!  Have a good week.
  • Hi all. 

Usually coffee in the mornings - One packet of Equal and a dab of creamer...

Afternoons is a toss up - Sometimes sweet tea, or if the desire is for something a tad stronger, it's usually Evan Williams Black Label. 

Evenings and late nights - Sweet tea, hot tea (various), or Evan Williams Black Label. Been trying some vodkas lately, and thinking about trying some different Scotch brands to see if any feel comfortable.
  • It's been blazing hot where I live. Some might say it's too hot to be outside smoking a pipe. But I enjoy sitting in the sun, soaking up a little vitamin D. Winter will be upon us sooner than we think so I'm taking advantage of the sun while I can. But instead of drinking hot coffee or tea as I usually do I simply have a bottle of water next to me. My wife is afraid I'll dehydrate because I'm also on a diuretic that I take with my blood pressure meds. And on the odd occasion when I do sweat my butt off toasting in the sun I have had the occasional bout of leg cramps from low Potassium. So keeping hydrated is pretty important. And since the caffeine in both coffee and tea is also a diuretic it's very easy to throw your Electrolytes off without noticing it.  
  • Out on the patio watching the sky darken and the first star, smoking and drinking a cold Green Tea with Mint.
  • motie2motie2 Master
    @ghostsofpompeii -- After the rainiest spring I can recall, and this being mid-June, thn e very last thing I want to hear is that <<Winter will be upon us sooner than we think so I'm taking advantage of the sun while I can.>>
  • Coffee during the day and either Belvenie 12-yr Scotch or Dickel No. 8 Tennessee Whiskey in the evening.
  • @ghostofpompeii I understand the meds, I am on one that makes me pee every few minutes and another that dries me out, got to keep them fluids in but can't drink a lot of it makes the meds useless. 
    @motie2 I agree I am not looking forward to Winter, heck I don't even want to think about Fall yet!  Summer is late and so far it has only hit 90 one day and it was 90 not any higher, most of the time it has been mid to low 80's or in the 70's and the humidity has been down.  The lack of rain has the pollen count up though.  Although the forecast is rain from today until next Monday so that is going to SUCK!  I want the sun and hot dry days for a while.  

Now back to the post.....
    Today it has been raining off and on, porch looks dry so going to head out in a couple minutes and smoke a pipe or two and have some ice cold water.

• How I spent my Tuesday Afternoon....

IMG_2432
  • @PappyJoe I'm a real lightweight when it comes to drinking. Don't know how much of that you consumed - but this is what I'd look like if I finished that bottle.

.Puking-Pumpkin

• @ghostsofpompeii - the trick is not to drink it all at one time. I only had two drinks.
  • Hit 101 F today, cooler tomorrow. Lots of ice water. I'll smoke later.
  • motie2motie2 Master
    @Wolf41035 -- Sounds like hydrochlorothiazide, It's compounded with one of my heart meds. I found that having to micturate every half hour gets one out of jury duty.

@ghostsofpompeii -- Here's a similar one of me about 50 years ago
    Screen Shot 2017-06-13 at 11.10.31 PM
  • @motie2 I've got a picture of me that goes farther back then that.
    Joe And TV
  • @PappyJoe That looks good, I think I still have a 1/4 bottle of Gin around here but no tonic water to be found! 
    Nice pics guys, I don't have any of my childhood, my parents must have hated me or stole me...Joking, I know they have some but I have no clue where or if I could get any of them....don't want them actually.  lol

Yesterday water with lemon, lime and Orange slices, today I added mint to the mix, really good on warm to hot days.  Smoked something but I can't remember....HUH? Today I have yet to smoke anything, day has been crazy again! Maybe when I get off here I will go enjoy a mix of something......if I remember?!  lol
  • Trying a new Coffee, Peet's Brazil Minat Naturele while watching the sky darken while smoking one of my larger pipes for 1.5 hrs..
  • Gonna grab a Coors banquet and go sit on the porch, might break out some stout old tobacco, not sure which one yet.
  • Woodchuck Hard Cider out on the patio breaking in a new pipe. Feels like there's a weather change moving in.
  • Currently, I'm drinking an iced earl grey tea. I brewed a pitcher of the tea earlier this week as an alternative to drinking coffee.
  • Didn't get my Coors Banquet yesterday instead I had water with a Diesel Cigar, I needed to relax and didn't want to worry about multiple times of lighting pipe or cleaning it yesterday, might have lit it once and been fine and I am sure cleaning my pipe would have relaxed me if it went smooth but the day I was having I didn't want to take a chance of anything going wrong and building my stress back up!
    Today however is already a decent day so out comes the beer and out comes the Pipe.  lol
  • motie2motie2 Master
    Weather here back to overcast and threat of rain.... again. 
  • Nice today possible storms tomorrow, going to go out and smoke some aromatic and have something mellow to drink. 
  • Ice cold bottled water with a couple dozen squirts of lemon juice. And in the bowl Mrs. Hudson's 221B Bakery Blend.
  • Hitz53Hitz53 Newcomer
    Right now, Miller High Life. I'm a simple man with simple pleasures --- beautiful wife, Sir Walter Raleigh and Miller High Life. Who could ask for more?
  • motie2motie2 Master
    World Peace would be nice......
  • A large mug of coffee with a book and a nice pipe of McClellands 5110 Dark English.
  • No pipe smoke today unless it is later this evening....that is a thought....but for now it is a Woodford reserve and a My Fathers Cigar for a salute to all of us Fathers!
  • It's Father's Day and I'm hoping my brother in law wants a libation to pair with his cigar when we hit the local B&M or will be interested in one afterwards. I'll probably have a cigar first and then pack me bowl.
  • Iced Tea, too hot and humid.
  • I will tell you what, that My Fathers - the Judge was a great smoke, I know this is a Pipe site and I pipe thread but darn it was nice! 
    OK Back to pipes, today I am smoking CAO Eileen's Dream and Drinking Tea.
  • Getting cooler tonight, Hot Coffee.