Home General

What are you Drinking while smoking your pipe today?

Comments

• motie2motie2 Master
    Eldest son and his version of SWMBO are coming for Mother's Day dinner with my version. Thunderstorms predicted for this afternoon, but sunny outside now. Like @PappyJoe (who I believe is PappyMac elsewhere, yes?) I'm heading out to the rear deck with coffee and a bowl of Sutliff Vanilla Custard. 
  • You would be correct. It was an issue of one user name being taken when I joined one of the other places.

• A proper Bloody Mary, lemon, pepper, salt, and hot sauce.
  • today after work on the porch i had one of my "salads" a low ball glass with olives, cocktail onions, and pickled celery covered with Bombay Gin.... so good I had a refill while smoking Balkan Sasieni, HH McBaren Vintage Syrian, and Solani 763
  • Sweet tea and lemonade

• Yesterday afternoon it was nice under the shade tree with just enough breeze to be comfortable. Smoked a bowl of Comoy's Cask No.5 and had a tall Gin & Tonic made with Peychaud's Bitters with an added fresh mint leaf. 
  • motie2motie2 Master
    @smansewer -- Far out: a "salad." I'm going to try that, but with vodka, as I don't care for juniper berry taste, no matter how composed, not even the Sapphire. 

Anyway, thank you for the idea.
  • Yesterday was so good, I did a repeat this afternoon. Comoy's Cask No. 5 (I'm trying to finish the tin I have open) and Gin & tonic. So good I may do it again.
  • motie2motie2 Master
    "But, why is the rum gone?"
  • Tonight I'm pulling out that bottle of Absinthe and burn a couple sugar cubes before the night ends. Been one of those days. Started out good enough with my wife and I doing a little antique shopping. Found a place with several pipes which I will probably return to ... didn't pull the trigger on any today but I have a few in consideration. Got a great bowl of homemade Turkey Dumpling soup from a family owned restaurant. Even bought a quart to take home. On the way home decided to got to our favorite supermarkets - only to discover the entire chain is in the process of going under. Everything in the store was 40% off ... but apparently sometime during that night all the prices seemed to be marked up 50%. So we didn't buy anything. Waked out the store, stepped into my car ... and it didn't start. Called for roadside service but before they arrived I did get it started ... but the 'check engine light' was on. The dealership was nearby so I managed to make it to the shop. And after a diagnosis discovered my problem was over $800.00 and the parts won't come in until Thursday. Got my quart of Turkey Dumpling soup from the car, had to order up a cheap $35.00 a day rental to get me home and back - so now I'm staying here until Thursday when the car is ready for pickup. I'm too afraid to drive around in a rental ... and have it here only for an emergency ... and to get me back to the dealership to pick-up my car once it's repaired. Got lots of extra time for smoking. And eating Turkey Dumpling soup.  
  • White Wine and Club Soda. Sorry to hear that about the car, my Wife's car went in for explosive airbag removal/replacement. The dealer say's the steering rack is leaking and the seals and crank bearing need replacement. they only want $2000 or so. For a 2010 Honda CRV with 60,000 miles on it. Of course this dealer wanted $200 to replace the Cabin Filter which involves Open the glove compartment, reach in and push the tabs to drop the compartment down. pull the filter cover off, remove and replace filter, re assemble. Tools needed: none, elapsed time: 5 minutes(Actually less, but they did have to empty the compartment. It took me 6 minutes. (my wife can really cram stuff in the glove compartment.) Cost of filter: 2 for $25 on Ebay. So you see that I'm reluctant to believe them.

• @woodsman - they found all that while replacing an airbag? I'd say no thanks and take it to a reputable repair shop or another dealer for a second opinion. You may also check under the car for oil spots on the ground. The steering rack seals will go bad and start leaking power steering fluid. If there is no fluid on the ground and if you can reach under your car and rub a rag along the steering rack and it doesn't come away with a lot of red fluid, then they are lying. 

When a crank bearing goes out, the engine doesn't start or run because the crankshaft doesn't turn. If the car is running fine and is not making any knocking or other weird noisy, then you probably don't have a crank bearing problem.  I would get a second opinion on that to because replacing the bearing is a major engine overhaul. 
  • Past two days I have had Water and lots of it, even with my Pipes while smoking. 
    Water and Appalachian Berry by Ole Shenandoah.
  • A cold Ale that my buddy brewed, nice.
  • Water, Powerade Zero and Vitamin Water.  Today I smoked Cigars.....Sorry guys but I haven't had a Cigar in over a month!  lol
  • Cold weather ... hot coffee. The temperature dropped significantly since yesterday. Went from a short sleeve shirt back to my sweatshirt and a windbreaker.
  • motie2motie2 Master
    And here (northern NJ)  it's been the second day in the 90's.
  • Third day over 90, a new NJ record 3 days in a row.

Red Wine, Straw Berries, Cherries, Grapes and Club Soda.

• motie2motie2 Master
    @Woodsman -- But a bit cooler today, neh?
  • It has been raining past two days, Yesterday I was smoking a Cigar and almost got plastered by Golf ball size hail, today I haven't smoked anything yet but I will go out on porch later and smoke my pipe, I will be drinking VitaWater because I am watching what I Eat and Drink now. 
  • motie2motie2 Master
    Black spiced rum with peach seltzer.
  • Today is cool, 69 right now but they say it might make it to 74, of course rain off and on all day.  I think I will take a warm shower, watch some TV and maybe venture out for a smoke later.  I have some old classic Coors in the garage fridge, I might grab one and have some pikes or something non aromatic today.
  • motie2motie2 Master
    Black spiced rum with more black spiced rum.
  • Morning times, I enjoy black coffee.
    Other times I drink water or orange juice.
    Virginias + OJ is sooooo good!
  • Londy3Londy3 Master
    what I drink depends on my mood and time of day. Im a big fan of local roasted coffee, high oak bourbon and good red wine.
    Today, i am drinking home brewed mint tea. Thinking about having a bowl of Orlik about now.
  • @motie2 that sounds good!  I haven't had a good spiced Rum in over a year now.  Might have to run to the liquor store next week and stock up.
  • motie2motie2 Master
    I've "made a study" of spiced rums over a four year period. Forget about the widely advertised brands.

Good: Cruzan "9"
    Better: Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
    Best: Jonah's Curse Black Spiced Rum
  • I will  look for the bottom two when I go.  Thanks

• Right now just a perfect cup of coffee that my wife made before retiring leaving me to the net.