Home Tobacco Talk

Dunhill MM1938/Baby's Bottom

I have been enjoying this lovely blend since it was released in the States a few years back. I have smoked many tins, and still have several stashed away.
At this moment, it appears that this is not one of the blends that STG has picked up to release under the Peterson label. This means that, unless things change, I am going to be out before too many years have passed.
I am looking for good alternatives that are fairly readily available.
Suggestions from those who have actually smoked this are greatly appreciated.

Comments

• <About a year ago, we approached Dunhill about bringing one of their old favorites back to market. It was a very smooth Latakia blend with red and bright Virginias that was sold only at the Dunhill stores. It's [sic] name came from the comment "smooth as a b___'s b____m". They told us that they couldn't use the name anymore, so bringing it back was off the table. Not to be deterred, we began doing research to recreate the blend, including acquiring an old tin for comparison. Then we found out that they were going to reintroduce the blend under the name BB1938 in Europe. We had spent too much time, effort and expense to develop our blend not to release it, so we invite you to try Match - BB1938.
  • Thanks! I got a tip on this one on another forum. I also discovered that there are still places with the real thing still in stock, and picked up three more tins.