Home General
Options

EDC

RebelheathenRebelheathen Apprentice
edited April 2019 in General
what what is everybody’s “everyday carry” annnnnnd what do you carry it in. (Pipes,tobacco,lighters)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @Kmhartle
    I love Maxpedition bags, very well made.  The only ballistic nylon bags that are stronger (in my opinion) are RedOxx made here in Billings, Montana.  RedOxx does not have the same types of bags, especially your “Fatty” and my favorite “outdoor survival” rig, the “Thermite Versipack”, two “Roly Dump Bags”, Otis Tactical Cleaning System, a UTG nylon drop holster with front mag pouch, and two Gerber nylon pouches one with the Gerber Multi-tool, and the other with zip-ties and other small items that do not fit in the Versipack.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    EDC you say....Here is my EDC...really...each and every day.  Except the sets of vehicle keys, of which I generally only carry one set at a time...generally.  Red/Black fob = Harley RoadGlide, Harley fob single key = Harley Sportster, Orange/Black fob Jeep CJ5, Red/White/Black fob 93 Chevy CK1500.  The fobs are color coded to the vehicle paint 🙂.  
         Notice, no pipes or accoutrements, except a lighter.  I only smoke occasionally.  There are times I wish I could smoke on the job while working at my bench.  Those times are long gone🙁.  
         Oh, I forgot my wallet and any small change.  I usually leave it in my vehicle or a jacket pocket.  All of these items are in my pants pockets or in the case of keys, clipped on a belt loop, and iPhone on my waistband.  I don’t always carry the pocket watch, and I switch it out with two others.  The Viking is working, but my favorite smaller Sterling Silver Elgin Made in 1908, and my grandfathers larger Gold Columbus made in 1884 are not keeping time at the moment.  The Columbus is in the repair shop.
         When I weigh myself at work on the shipping scale, I drop my EDC and lose a few pounds the easy way😬
  • Options
    @RockyMountainBriar ~ I will definitely check out the RedOxx line. I carry a Red Rock Rover sling pack of basic necessities in my car and have been very happy with the quality of Red Rock, too. 
  • Options
    I usually carry what can fit in my shirt and pants pockets. Since I have no cell phone to lug around it ;eaves more room for my lighter, pipe tool, pocket knife, and smoke Altoids breath mints. My pipe and pouch fit in my shirt pocket.
  • Options
    @motie2 what’s in the bag!?!? lmao 
    (brad Pitt from the movie seven)
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    edited April 2019
    @Rebelheathen

I try to keep stuff out of my jeans pockets. So, in the bag: wallet, flip phone (I'm a Luddite), pen, comb, note book, and a variety of other small crap as the situation requires.
    The Spyderco knife goes in the jeans watch pocket.

Gibbs' Rule 9: Never go anywhere without a knife. http://www.ncisfanwiki.com/page/NCIS%3A+Gibbs%27+Rules
    My sons got their first pocket knives when they were 8 years, just as my father, of blessed memory, gave to me.
    These days I'm a Spyderco fan for EDC (see post, above), but I also have a nice Cold Steel tanto.

I do have a nice Swiss Army knife, but I only carry it on vacations; too much knife for EDC.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @motie2
    In my case, it’s don’t ever go anywhere without several knives (rule #9+ maybe🤔)...the bigger the better too 😬
    Another good rule.... “Make sure to bring more than a knife to a gunfight”.
  • Options
    OlePopsOlePops Master
    @RockyMountainBriar - I have a video on my YouTube channel called "Nobody Knows". It's the title of a song that I wrote. In the video I go on to play the song, but in the beginning I tell the story of a 17 year old boy that was killed in a parking lot where a bunch of teenagers were, in MY CARE. That's right...under MY SUPERVISION! With the waning of mine and my wife's health, the advancement in both our ages and the condition of the attitude of society in general, @RockyMountainBriar I am inclined to agree with you. As a matter of fact, I am more than inclined, I am steadfast, determined and fully acted legally within my constitutional rights never...EVER going anywhere without my Concealed Carry as part of my EDC.