Home The Lounge

Christmas (Holiday) Parties & Gatherings

I'm sure we all attend or host Christmas parties this time of year. Thought it would be fun to collect some pictures of how you celebrate along with your favorite pipe/cigars included.   

Guess I'll start. Here is me at my friend's house for a big Christmas gathering with all our friends around a camp fire.

Comments

• If my past 65 years have taught me anything, it is that I should never accept a party invitation for any kind of event. The times I've foolishly accepted and attended some party or other, I've always found myself feeling unwelcome, sometimes by the other attendees merely avoiding me, sometimes by one or more person's actual hostility. I do know to NEVER accept a second-hand invitation, as in EVERY case it has proven to be a hostile environment to me.

I guess I never did get to learn how to have fun with other people when I was young. I have realized that I never had any opportunities to even learn how to flirt back then. At times I would find myself wandering from group to group of partiers, to find they're talking about some common acquaintance whom I've never heard of, or some even more boring topic. Rarely did I find an opening in the conversation to join in.

It's long been at the point where I "jokingly" view it as being "The only difference between myself and a Wallflower, is that they're standing in front of the wallpaper."
  • mapletopmapletop Master
    edited December 2018
    @AnantaAndroscoggin  I have known that feeling on more than one occasion. The solution would be to host your own party and only invite people you actually like.
  • Could that potentially turn to a one man party? ...LOL.

Hey, I like my alone time too!
  • After inviting the same people to come over for more than a year, you eventually figure out that it's time to stop.
  • @Mangoandy, now that's awesome!!! I love Brian.
  • Brian Setzer is a great artist, one of my favorite songs is Hollywood Nocturn.
  • Londy3Londy3 Master
    edited December 2018
    Had a Christmas party last night...oh what fun we had!!
    But sadly, no pipe indoors.

• Christmas Day we waited to open presents until our two daughters and their families arrived. I had planned on starting the baking early and put the turkey in the oven around noon. PLANNED. The oven on our electric stove decided after 10 years of use, to just stop working. It couldn't do it on Christmas Eve. It had to do it on Christmas morning.
    Instead of turkey, I wound up doing the ham I had planned for today (Dec. 26) in an electric roasting pan and side dishes which could be cooked on the stove top. 

At 7:00 am this morning I walked into Lowes and bought a new electric range. Put the turkey in the electric roaster and drafted my oldest son to help install the new range when he arrived with his family. By the time we finished cooking the turkey and side dishes, our second son and his kids arrived for our second Christmas get-together.  Oldest son and I did get to sit outside and have some Jolly Old St. Nicholas and adult beverages though.