Home The Pack
Options

ANYBODY ON HERE FORM ST LOUIS MO

RandyB1966RandyB1966 Enthusiast
I am new to pipe smoking looking for some knowledge and technique I do not do well from reading instructions.    

Comments

• Options
    @RandyB1966, I’m sure there must be fellow pipers in a city that size. Good luck!

For what it’s worth, YouTube has a tremendous amount of content that may benefit you also. 
  • Options
    U-Tube has been helpful but sometimes its nice to see someone do it in front of you to see what u-tube does not show.
  • Options
    daveinlaxdaveinlax Connoisseur
    edited May 2018
    Stop in and talk to Gerard from Jon’s Pipe Shop. He is not a warm fuzzy guy but he is a all day everyday pipe smoker. There are a couple of area pipe clubs and there is a smoke friendly pipe show in February.
  • Options
    While I'm not from Missouri, I did go to college in Springfield for five years. Never stopped in St. Louis, though the section where I-55 crosses over into I-44 remains one of the most stressful sections of highway I've ever encountered. Otherwise, I love Missouri. If you do ever travel to Springfield, check out Just for Him. Back then (2002-07), I wasn't a pipe smoker, but remember passing by the tobacconist shop in my car and wondered what it was like inside. Years later, I found out they were widely known in pipe circles for their Middle Earth pipe tobacco line. Should you ever check it out, it's a great pipe shop with plenty of highly regarded blends.

• Options
    I'm not from St. Louis either, but I have fond memories of living west of the city in Lake St. Louis from 2000-2003.  I wasn't a pipe smoker then.  My "vice" of choice was snuff.  My neighbor used to dip Kodiak.  I tried Rooster and loved it but then shortly after returning home to the East, wisely stopped using.  Wish I could helped you.  Good luck in your search. 
  • Options
    Not from St. Louis, but I frequent there often for work. My company's headquartered in Kirkwood. :)
  • Options

Oddjob27 that's part of my area of daily travelers

• Options
    daveinlax thank you for the info will check out that shop hopefully in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    thebadgerpiper  thanks for the info I found that store online and its on my places to go when I am down that way in the future.