Home General
Options

"Bi Polar Pipe Smoker" Part The 2nd

A continuation of my series on bi polar disorder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGEQEj3M63Q

Comments

• Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    @ocpunk714, staying focused is another challenge is creative people need to work on.  
  • Options
    ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
    edited May 2018
    Doing my own personal blends has helped me as well. It gets me to think about numbers, getting the right flavors, etc. I love it.

• Options
    Stick with it and keep up your good work, @ocpunk714. It is, as they say, a process.
  • Options
    Thanks y’all! I’ve got about 20 minutes so far. There were will be an interview with a very close person to me that has been with me through good bad and super ugly.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    I'm adding you to my list @ocpunk714 My wife had anxiety attacks for years. She used to have to take a very tiny little white pill she would refer to as her "happy pill". We are thankful that she hasn't needed them for a long time now. She does continue to take a sizeable dose of vitamin B Complex. The doctor called it "Mother Nature's little tranquilizer". He said it tends to clip the highs and the lows of daily life...
  • Options
    Stupid smily faces! @KA9FFJ
  • Options
    ocpunk714ocpunk714 Master
    edited May 2018
    @KA9FFJ They actually put me on klonopin and it is awful. I have no physical stability, my mind and mouth constantly stutter. I used to stutter a lot when I was a kid.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    @ocpunk714 Although I can somewhat relate to anxiety, depression, etc. because of my wife, I can first-hand relate to stuttering and stammering. When I was a kid until about 15, I stuttered so badly that the speech therapist instructed all my teachers not to call on me or put me in a position where I needed to talk. I took a lot of ridicule and meanness from a lot of kids (especially when I was 5 to about 11). After that, most kids knew me and over time just grew to accept my impediment. With a lot of work and concentration, I finally fought my way out of that problem. The only time I stammer now is when I am extremely tired (= lack of concentration).  I feel for you... It can be very frustrating...
  • Options
    Back when I was a freshman in high school I went with my Dad to a hypnotist. Someone my Dad worked with suggested a hypnotist might help him with his stutter ... and while I was there, I might be conditioned to concentrate harder (I was having serious trouble learning Latin - and at the time I really wanted to be a priest, and learning Latin was mandatory. Hard to imagine myself a priest now). Well as for myself, even when I was supposedly under the control of the hypnotist I felt that I could simply open my eyes at any point during the session. I don't think I went under. Actually, I'm sure of it. I failed Latin, didn't become a priest, and ending up getting married my Senior year at the age of 17. (Oops!)  But at the other spectrum - the hypnosis session worked wonders for my Dad. He actually quit stuttering on the spot. And Dad had a terrible stutter. I left the session feeling as though I had witnessed a miracle.