Home General
Options

Motie2

Gentlemen

Sounds as though our friend Motie2 is having a tough time medically. I am copying his return message to me: "Thank you for your kindness. Nothing three doctors have tried, iincluding surgery has worked. I am truly f'd. Five ER runs in one months. Please share with others?"

We need to wish him well and perhaps send up a few prayers for him at the same time. He has always been a key part of what goes on here, and it has not been the same since he has not been participating. He being retired clergy, has undoubtedly provided solice and comfort to many, we need to support HIM and his "SWMBO" in this temporary situation.

Perhaps many could add some well wishes here for him to know we are wishing him a speedy recovery, and sending prayers upstairs for him to get well very quickly.

Comments

• Options
    @Motie2 (Gordon) has been in my thoughts and prayers since his health battles began several months ago. And it seems as though they are escalating. He has been a true and generous friend (as are so many others at The Pipeline). For me in particular he's become more like a life-long friend or family member. To be quite honest I actually spend more time talking to you guys here at The Pipeline than I do my own family. And Motie has been very generous of his time here, researching and posting a variety of informative topics on pipes and pipe smoking. As well as provided considerable humor. Something the world needs more of. His contributions to the group help make The Pipeline the best pipe forum on the web. So when health issues sidelined him it's reflected in the downturn in activity here on the site. Keep him in your thoughts and prayers and let's hope for a speedy recovery. And it's a testament to the character of this group as to how we support one another in time of need. Doctors and advances in modern medicine are just one aspect of the healing process - prayers and well wishes play a part as well. Nothing helps the healing process more than knowing you have so many friends in your corner pulling for you.          
  • Options
    @motie2 more well wishes to you.  I'm praying for you to get past this awful situation.  We need your wise words and sense of humor, Gordon!  Be strong friend!  We're thinking of you!
  • Options
    AnthonyAnthony Apprentice

@Motie2 Hay Brother ,know that you are missed, and that so many of us are praying for you, and your family at this time. Remember the Devil works his worst on God's servant's! So let me say ,in the name of Jesus, I believe and declare, that you will get well, that you will put tis all behind you ,and you will have victory over this demon, that's plaguing you! 

• Options
    He is in my thoughts and prayers daily.
  • Options
    I haven’t been around as long as you guys who know him real well, but I consider him to be a good friend. His kind nature and renegade spirit that preaches love is something I truly admire.
  • Options
    Hoping all the well wishes are reaching you, @motie2. I truly regret the discomfort and sheer trouble you’re enduring. Illegitimi non carborundum, sir.
  • Options
    BentbrierBentbrier Professor
    @motie2 prayers for you and your friends and family.  As you well know our Lord is all powerful and I pray he helps you through this valley.  Like Ocpunk714 I'm new here but consider you a friend and an important member of our group.  Hope to see you back with us soon.
  • Options
    @pwkarch thank you for bringing word and for the comfort I am sure you are giving.  Blessings to you as well.
  • Options
    You're in our prayers @motie2 . You have friends here that are rooting for you.
  • Options
    Get well soon, Gordon.
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    @motie2, sir Gordon, you have guided many in your life, you have helped, prayed, laughed and cried with many including all of us. We are now here for you, all of us. You are an inspiration to us and I kinda think of you as our community pastor. You have served God and all of us here, your servant heart is generous. I know He has favor over you and loves you as His son. You know this. We pray for you and riase you up to the Lord. Be healed my good friend, In the name of Jesus. Soon, you will recover and be back here with us. Rest now and let God take care of you. 
  • Options
    As always @motie2, I'm thinking,wishing,and hope for your return to good health.
  • Options
    pwkarchpwkarch Master
    Motie (Gordon) is a tough old Preacher.......if he does not get well soon I will drive up and boot him in his can (then smoke a bowl with him, although I bet he does not feel like smoking right now). I am going to light a candle for him at Mass Sunday morning. I think the "intention" still works for non Catholics, if not I am sure to be struck by lightning, overrun with locusts, or all my tobacco will go bad.
  • Options
    @pwkarch that last plague sounds especially bad.  I think it's probably reserved for far worse transgessions.
  • Options
    KA9FFJKA9FFJ Master
    You are on my daily list for thoughts and prayers each morning. And any time @motie2 drops in my head during each day, I stop and say a short prayer for you. I know I speak for us all when I say, may your pains and discomforts dissipate, and you experience wellness VERY soon...
  • Options
    I will be praying for you Motie, I’m glad i got on the forum to see this! Been a really busy month 
  • Options
    SwmaplesSwmaples Apprentice
    @motie2, really hope and pray that your troubles soon fade. Hold to hope, strive for a positive outlook as we here give our best wishes. Know that you are missed and wanted back. 
  • Options
    Get well soon Gordon!
  • Options
    jfreedyjfreedy Master
    @motie (Gordon) — Like all the others have already mentioned I am praying for a quick and full recovery. Sounds like you need a miracle and we both know the God of miracles. So, I pray for “all things new” concerning Gordon’s body and soul. I’ll keep praying for you every time a smoke a bowl, brother. 
  • Options
    pwkarchpwkarch Master
    @jfreedy

That is a great idea.....if everyone of us said a short prayer for Gordon and for Wolf EVERY time we light up, that would definately do the trick. It is said that God loves Children and Drunks......and pipe smokers are not that much different than Drunks, I think..........
  • Options
    mezzoduomomezzoduomo Apprentice
    God bless you @motie2!  Hope you find peace and healing.....
  • Options
    motie2motie2 Master
    IPad

thank you and His blessings on you all, for your many kindnesses. Getting online is low priority, but I get your messages.
    sciatica is worse.. No progress on urinary problem.
  • Options
    jfreedyjfreedy Master
    edited May 2018
    Well then, we pray against this sciatica issue and urinary problem and we release healing in both these areas in Gordon’s body in Jesus name, Amen!

@motie2 - please keep us updated as to how to specifically pray for you while we offer up our burnt offerings in your honor!  ;)
  • Options
    Londy3Londy3 Master
    @motie2,  we shall not think otherwise, God is the Great healer! 
    I repeat what @jfreedy said, "we all pray against this sciatica issue and unitary problem and we release healing in both these areas in Gordon’s body in Jesus name, Amen!"
  • Options
    Best of luck to him.
  • Options
    jfreedyjfreedy Master
    @motie2 — Any change today? Praying for you now as I smoke a bowl. 
  • Options
    pwkarchpwkarch Master
    @motie2
    Multiple prayers up my friend.........as promised.

Teach your "SWMBO" to get on our site here so she can keep us appraised as to your daily progress. We DO miss you, and with this many supporters praying for you, there is no way you won't be feeling better very soon.

Sign her up as Mrsmotie2.....
  • Options
    Praying for you friend.
  • Options
    @motie2, you're in my thoughts and prayers.