Home Pipes & Tools

Radiator by Hwiebe first impressions

I received by Radiator by Hwiebe and Bones Briar by Morgan today in the mail.

I gave it a whirl with some Smitty 505 and I have to admit I'm quite impressed with the technology.

Even sitting outside in a breeze, it easily stayed lit, and the smoke to my mouth was quite cool and tasty. The "juices" get trapped down in the bottom section below the stem and when you are done, you remove the bowl and can clean it out with a little water and/or q-tip etc..

The metal stem and bottom section never really got warm. The briar section was warm as you'd expect without any cake on it but never really got to "hot". 

For travel this seems like a great idea as you can travel with a single stem and a couple bowls to swap out and/or keep separate bowls for aromatics vs. non or whatever.

Will be interesting to see how it smokes when it is colder out.

They have a variety of stems from curved (pictured) to deep bend and or straight long and short.

Price wise.. they are not cheap. The stem/shank/bottom section was $60 on sale on the website over father's day. The bones bowls were $34 on Morgan's site or you can get a system with a "poker sized" stem for $80 straight from there.

I'm hoping that Missouri Meerschaum figures out a way to make some bowls for the system at some point :)

I'll keep you posted as I try some different blends, etc.. through it.

radiaor bones

Comments